Overwatch is one of the most popular first-person multiplayer shooter games and it is loved by most gamers. It was released in 2015 by Blizzard Entertainment and the game is based on teamwork. Nowadays, many players and shooter games like Overwatch are very trendy and have a huge fanbase.
Even being one of the great games, you might get bored of playing repeatedly and want to try the same thing but in another style. Don’t worry, it happens and the most amazing games sometimes seem boring to us. Are you tired of playing Overwatch and want to try a different game? Put together your Overwatch game skill and use it in other games like overwatch. Here I have listed the top 20 best games like overwatch that you need to try today!
Best Games Like Overwatch Reviews
- Apex Legends
- Team Fortress 2
- Dirty Bomb
- Gotham City Impostors
- Block N Load
- Destiny 2
- Monday Night Combat
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- PlanetSide 2
- Rainbow Six: Siege
- Blacklight: Retribution
Why Choose these Games like Overwatch?
- Overwatch was released in 2016, and suddenly the game has won so many hearts since then. But the problem with this game is that the objectives remain the same. It doesn’t have any change, so it can be monotonous while playing the game.
- Suppose you are playing the game with and then it gets a hold. You play again and again, and then the repetition becomes monotonous.
- Although Overwatch is a good game, playing too much can make you bored after some time, when you already know every character, every trick, and the game in general. That’s when you should list games like Overwatch.
- Overwatch is pretty familiar with almost all the games, and it has no difference. But our lists of games like Overwatch can give you a change. So, if you are tired of playing this game, let’s take a look at our 20 best games like Overwatch.
Apex Legends has many similarities with Overwatch, so if you are a die-hard fan of Overwatch, you must try this one. It’s different from Overwatch because of its battle royale. This game has some similarities, so the game would be enjoyable for the people who love to play Overwatch.
Apex Legends is best played in squads and is a great game choice for the players who love playing Overwatch but want to try something new. In this game, some players have to win to be the last one on the map. A team of 60 players are formed and one of the leaders of the squad decides where to land.
Then players have to look for weapons and supplies to defeat other players. While searching, the play area starts shrinking and the one who lasts in the squad wins the match.
It is an excellent option for you if you want to try a Battle Royale. You will have some fun and well-designed elements. Overall the game can be an excellent option for people who are looking for games like Overwatch.
- Amazing graphics.
- Innovative gaming design
- strategic battle
- different characters with different abilities
- multiple maps with different modes
- You will get more XP during Happy Hour.
- No solo mode available for players.
- Costs much to unlock a new legendary.
Paladins is another hero-shooter, and Hi-Rez Studios publishes it. This game also has so many similarities with Overwatch in terms of gameplay. But you will notice some differences in these two games while playing.
These free games like Overwatch provide a customization system for each character by using a card feature. It may seem challenging to grab at first, but once you get used to the game, you’ll wrap your head around it. The game offers some more careful strategy than running and gunning and is a first-person shooting game. You can play Paladins on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The game is great because it has a customization system in the game for each player with a unique card feature. In the game, champions need to reduce the number of victims of regular soldiers. The winners are said to be ‘Special Forces. Try these games like Overwatch on steam and have a great time.
- The game mainly focuses on strategy.
- Many characters with many champions
- Unique Game modes like- Siege, Onslaught, Team Deathmatch, Ranked
- In-app Purchases provide many exciting things.
- High barrier to getting ranked on this game.
- A repetitive map can annoy you while playing.
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress 2 may seem like an old game for you, but there is a huge fan base to play, so you won’t face any trouble finding a match. These free games like Overwatch give an advantage to those who want to spend extra cash on the game and support developers. Team Fortress 2 allows players to stay competitive if they’re going to play. The thing that makes the title different from Overwatch is that there are many options available to play. They are unlocked from the very beginning, so you can play whatever you want.
Team Fortress 2 is a team-based online multiplayer game, and it has nine characters to select depending upon your will. The character Sniper will remind you of Hanzo from Games Like Overwatch.
The game is all about coordinated team play. As a player you need to choose one character against your opponent, similar to Overwatch. The other nine characters have different abilities.
- Team-based gameplay.
- Different characters with different capabilities.
- Has options like Voice chats to communicate with other members.
- Competitive game modes.
- The game does not have enough maps.
- Much reliance on other gamers.
Dirty Bomb is an objective-based shooter game for players. In this game, one team has to complete objectives like– go here, blow up this, steal that – while the other team has to stop them. Like Overwatch, Dirty Bomb is built with a team roster of heroes, and the game uses run-and-gun tactics. It may not be one of the most original games like Overwatch on this list, but Dirty Bomb is a free-to-play shooter where players work together to win.
It offers the same gameplay as Overwatch. In this game, you have to focus on achieving the objectives and running the team gameplay in a coordinated way to win the game. Characters are known as Mercs, and you can choose multiple mercs with different abilities and characteristics while playing the game. The main difference between Overwatch and Dirty Bomb is that Dirty Bomb has a mature theme and characters while not seen in Overwatch.
- Modern theme and excellent graphics focused on the conflict between the players and the syndicate.
- Fast-paced, dynamic action game from a first-person perspective
- Free to play.
- A card-based loadout system is available.
- About 20 playable classes for customization options.
- Focuses on teamwork and communication with other team members.
Battleborn is specially made for devices like PC, PS4, Xbox One to play with. It is one of the online hero-based multiplayer shooting games like Overwatch. The game features 25 playable heroes, and each of them has unique characteristics and capabilities with different gameplay. This is what makes this game similar to Overwatch. If you want to play a game where you need to follow wise gameplay, Battleborn is just for you. The best thing is the game is free to download.
When the characters fight with enemies to fulfill other objectives, they get more power and unlock more ability mode or multiplayer. The game starts right after the Jennerit Imperium Lothar Rendain starts destroying all the stars of the universe. You start the same game in offline mode.
Image Courtesy– Steam
- Different Multiplayer modes.
- Each player has a unique power and weapon.
- Story mode with Co-op and Solo.
- Battleborn provides multiple progression systems.
- Not fun to play alone.
- It doesn’t have a specific storyline to tell.
Gotham City Impostors
Image Courtesy– Steam
Do you want to play a Batman game without any Batman, enemies, or friends? Gotham city is all about the Batman fans fighting with the Joker fans. There is no Batman’s sidekick in this game, yet the game is enjoyable. Each character of the game is made to fight. If you love speedy games, the game is suitable for you.
Like Overwatch, Gotham City Impostors provide movement and maneuvering to the gamers. Each character has different tactics and techniques to beat their enemy. Not only that, but the game also has a lot of weapons for you to use. If you love fast-paced action and want to see a fat guy wearing the Batman suit, this is the perfect game.
- The game has many fun movements, character customization, frantic pace, beautiful game design.
- It has fantastic customization options, maps, grappling hooks for all!
- Complete customization.
- New ways to level up.
- Fast and furious gameplay.
- Poor matchmaking.
Valorant has similar gameplay as overwatch. The players need to be around planting and defusing the bomb, but with terrorists and counter-terrorists being replaced by special agents, each has unique skills.
Valorant is one of the multiplayer shooter games like overwatch. The game puts a strong emphasis on standard weapons like pistols, shotguns. Players can also use specific sci-fi hero-specific abilities to defeat the enemy. The game offers you a dynamic yet casual-friendly experience. A small mistake in this game does not mean that you are fired. The playing mode has two opposing teams in a match with several short-lasting rounds. After each round, you will have some credits to purchase and have better weapons to defeat the opponent and increase your survival.
- First-person shooter game with subtle sci-fi tech.
- It has many unique characters with unique abilities to choose from.
- Round-based gameplay.
- The game focuses on planting and defusing the bomb.
- Amazing graphics and visual effects.
- The game has a tricky entry point.
- The character has no personality.
Brink is a first-person shooter game, and it is one of the best games like Overwatch. The Brink is a video game with a digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation. Over 16 players can play this game, and players have to play cooperatively or competitively or go against AI bots. One can choose characters according to his choice from Soldier, Engineer, Operative, and Medic. This game has some fantastic personality and weapon customization. A player is capable of buying different capabilities of every character. You can download this game from Amazon, Steam, or the official link of the game.
- Players can buy different abilities of each character.
- Heavy character and weapon customization.
- The game has a unique art style and multiplayer gameplay.
- Brink follows the “SMART”(Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain) system. It gives a new experience.
- The control over the gunplay can be loose and irritating sometimes.
Image Courtesy – Steam
Warframe offers so many facilities and is a complete video game for gamers. WarFrame and Overwatch are very close to the genre yet different when it comes to gameplay. The coordination makes the game more pleasurable and mesmerizing. The game takes the audience to the darkness and devastation. It provides a different experience that you cannot easily compare to anything you played before. The game is a mix of stealth, shooter, and role-playing, with a sci-fi setting. Warframe focuses more on the story and co-op adventures.
Warframe is also similar to Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk. This free-to-play shooter provides more than other games like Overwatch with a complex storyline with multiplayer. The skills you’ve shown in Overwatch working as a team are fundamental in this game. The team here is friendly, up-to-date with the best strategies. Not only that, but the team also gives helpful advice in the global chat. Warframe can be great for you if you want something a little grittier but still fun.
- The fantastic storyline takes you to an adventurous universe full of advanced tech.
- You can choose from 40 characters, and each of them is equipped with different abilities.
- The game rewards reflexes and personal skills.
- It has many role-playing and customization elements.
- The game doesn’t encourage players to play as a team.
- The game lacks mission objectives.
Block N Load
Image Courtesy – Steam
Block N Load is the best replacement for Overwatch if you are an adventure freak. You cannot win the game if you are not using your brain and bullets the right way. You need to make a formidable defense against your opponent to win the trophy. The game also offers map and game mode customization. So it is the best game for creative people to level and set up a unique game with their brain.
In Block N Load, you have the opportunity to fight against other players with a mix of shooting and thinking. The game is different as the players can destroy the environment and place their blocks, changing the world around them to surprise them. There are many playable heroes to choose, divide, and make into groups. Each hero is unique in something different. So you can find a player that fits the best for you.
- 3D-based graphics.
- The game has ten different and hilarious heroes.
- The gameplay mixes fast-paced action with strategy.
- You can place your blocks and destroy the standing in your way.
- The style of shooting in the game is quite casual when the gun is very low.
Smite is an entirely different genre but has many similarities if you compare it with Overwatch. Not only that, but you may also fall in love with Smite. Smite is a MOBA game but played from a third-person perspective. So you don’t need to worry about enemy players while playing the game. The key to winning the game is cooperation and utilizing your character’s skills to get the best benefit for your team. The gameplay is not as dynamic, but having a proper strategy can give you so much joy.
- Third-person perspective MOBA game.
- A lot of unique characters from ancient mythology.
- Many playable modes include Ranked Leagues.
- Simple graphics but ages well.
- Limited option for character building.
Image Courtesy – Steam
Destiny 2 may not seem as exciting as other options on the list, but it is still one of the best games like Overwatch. It has many Player versus environment odds. If you want to win this game, you need to kill your enemies, steal their objectives, and master communication skills. If you want to get lost in a game, check out Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 is the furthest from games like Overwatch, yet you should try this game if you love cooperative play. Destiny is filled with PVE opportunities, and you can start putting your Overwatch skills in this game. Communication is a must to seal the objectives, taking out enemies. In this game, ensure you have a good mix of Destiny’s three classes: Warlocks, Hunters, and Titans. These three classes may not be as wealthy as Overwatch, but it has a set of subclasses for customization.
- The game has a mythic sci-fi setting with rich and well-written lore and an addictive story.
- Top-notch graphics and fantastic visuals.
- Three different classes with their subclasses.
- PvE and PvP content for increased gameplay.
- Sub-classes are not very versatile.
Monday Night Combat
Image Courtesy – Steam
Monday Night Combat is perfect for you if you want an enjoyable game like Overwatch. In this game, you need to pick from the characters and work in a team. You need to destroy your enemy’s base to win this game. Besides destroying others’ Moneyballs, you also need to protect yours. It is a third-person shooting game, which makes it different from Overwatch. It is one of the best games like Overwatch you need to try.
If you want something similar to Overwatch regarding enjoyability and gameplay, then Monday Night Combat is the best fit for you. You can choose from different characters and work together with your team to destroy the opponent’s Moneyball while you have to defeat your own Moneyball from your enemy’s base.
- Unique defense and multiplayer mode.
- A wonderful diversity of classes.
- Amazing skills and weapons.
- Easy to play.
- It has layers of depth to discover.
- The game is more like Team Fortress 2.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Image Courtesy – Steam
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the top-notch multiplayer shooter games like overwatch. The game has two teams against each other- one is the Terrorists, and the other is named Counter-Terrorists. CS: GO has a realistic setting and a lack of classes with their abilities and skills, making this game different from overwatch. The game has the same character, but the appearance of each character is different. The center of the game is the conflict between terrorists and counter-terrorists. Generally, the match has several rounds, and when the competition is over, players get some money to spend on their equipment and weapons to make their task easier for the next game.
- One of the popular first-person shooters of all time.
- Skill-based gameplay that focuses on quick reflexes.
- Has much importance on teammates.
- Nothing much new in this game.
Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
If you love Overwatch’s cartoon theme with combat, Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 can be right up your alley. This is one of the games like Overwatch that offers everything a player wishes, and the game is fun to play. In this game, you can choose one side you want to join—brains or grains. Each force has some unique soldiers, and each soldier has an exceptional quality to help you during harvest. If you love the action with some shooting, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is your cup of tea.
Like Overwatch, Plants vs. Zombies has interesting multiplayer modes, and you need to compete against each other to win. This is an objective-based game, and the team deathmatch variant Team Vanquish is the most fun-loving multiplayer mode. Players can explore the beautiful environments, find collectibles, and complete quests to earn many goodies.
- Great maps
- Cartoonish fun shooting game with a lot of mechanics.
- It has different modes, maps, and missions.
- Excellent large-scale multiplayer modes.
- Fantastic characters and customization options.
- The game is prolonged with one character.
Image Courtesy – Steam
PlanetSide 2 focuses on all-out war and has the most massive PvP maps in the genre. It is one of the best android games like Overwatch. The maps are enormous, and you have to control tanks, aircraft, and ground transport to help your forces. There are three different armies on the battlefield, and you will always find yourself between enemy fire. There are many players, about 50 players going against each other and playing on each map. The game is not so similar to Overwatch but offers a unique playstyle to keep you engaged for a long time. There are three different armies, and the player base is huge as each army tries to conquer all sites.
- Huge and intense battles.
- You need to the war effort even at the low level.
- The game makes you feel different from the last.
- Smart implementation.
- Poor technical performance.
- Lack of an in-game tutorial.
Image Courtesy – Steam
Gigantic offers one of the best experiences for all types of gamers. The game has 19 heroes, and many more are on the way. Each player has their playstyles, diverse skill sets, and varied skill to fine-tune for each gameplay. Even in the extreme time of the battle, you can upgrade your hero skill depending on the friendly or enemy team composition. The state of map control is also in your hand, so if you want to make some wacky plays, you can. As a gamer, choosing a hero can be difficult, especially when they have many skills and capabilities. That’s what the game put together a few tips for you to go in the right direction.
Its giant monsters put on a grand and imposing show. Gigantic is all about making action-MOBA gameplay accessible. The characters are challenging yet not ultra-demanding. The multi-phase battles of this game require strategy and teamwork, but you don’t have to be a master tactician to win the match.
- The game fights over multiple rounds for a resource called power.
- Teams earn power by killing enemies, summoning creatures.
- free fast-paced hero shooter MOBA.
- This game doesn’t pay attention to winning in any way because it only unlocks all of the characters.
Rainbow Six: Siege
Image Courtesy – Steam
Rainbow Six: Siege was a single-player game long ago. Ubisoft did the newest installment of R6 and made a completely different approach making the game better for all. R6 is a 5v5 TDM style game with classes and characters. The game includes environmental destruction and keeps each map fresh. Every character of this game has a specific weapon and a deployable gadget like an LMG turret or a shield.
Teamplay and cooperation are a must in this game, like the other games like overwatch. Players need to constantly work with each other and assist the team in leading to a victory. Casual players need assistance to learn the maps and the characters entirely because it is one of the most critical learning curves for beginners who don’t know anything about the game. If you want to play the game, watch someone play the game or watch any tutorial of this game before jumping into a match. It would be much easier for you to understand the gameplay completely.
- Tactical gameplay that needs brains, not reflexes.
- Strategic depth.
- No other game can give the same game experience in every round because of its variety of ops to choose from with hidden lore.
- Progression may seem slow to some gamers.
Blacklight: Retribution is a cyberpunk, futuristic world and the game offers you a load of customization and loadout options. The customization will significantly impact the gameplay, so take time while customizing before you jump into the game. In the game, you can choose the side of the fence you want to stand on. Switching the sides is simple and easy, but it also has many disadvantages. Blacklight: Retribution suggests you know yourself with the game’s mechanics before you change your playstyles. You must focus on playing a single playstyle from the beginning and mastering it before moving on to a different style. The game has some unique tools and features that make it different from other games like overwatch.
- Solid shooting tactics.
- Keeps non-paying players competitive.
- New weapons are costly.
Image Courtesy – Steam
Warsow is a first-person shooter and one of the best substitutes for Overwatch. The fast-paced arena shooter has some fantastic and challenging gameplay. As a player, you need to know all kinds of ways to eliminate enemies. It can be jumping, dodging, dashing, or wall-jumping; you need to be an expert in every step to take control of the game. If Overwatch is one of the most exciting gameplay, Warsow is also one of the top games like Overwatch.
Warsow keeps nasty graphical violence away but without decreasing intensity. So, if you don’t want to see blood flying around in an action-packed shooter game, Warsow would be the best option for you.
- Players get to experience virtually recreated warfare.
- You will get a sense of the story’s progression.
- You can decide how they wish to proceed.
- Depending on the gameplay, sometimes the structure of the game doesn’t work nicely.
Undoubtedly, Overwatch is a fantastic game, but over time, chances are Overwatch may seem exhausting for you. If you are looking for an alternative, this article may help you find what you are looking for. There are many options here for you to explore, and some of them can give you a better experience than Overwatch. Overwatch doesn’t come with hero missions or does not have any story mode in this game. But a lot of Overwatch alternatives have these features! You can pick any game from the list and enjoy it with your teammates. Start playing and utilize your gameplay and tricks in some of the most amazing games like Overwatch.
Would you like to read:
- 20 Best Amazing Games Like Terraria
- 15 Cool Games of Action Like Starcraft
- 15 Best Kids Apps For Android