Are you an iPhone user? Which is the best browser for iPhone? If you are searching for the best iPhone browser that gives you plenty of great features and their drawbacks, then this article is best for you.
The Apple App Store has been loaded with various web browsers claiming to offer an excellent service. While some feature an easy-to-use interface, others come with a dedicated security configuration. However, many of them fail to provide a good service when it comes to a feature-rich overall performance. Also, going to the perfect browser is always a difficult choice that will meet all your needs.
That is why we have grouped a list of the 8 best browsers for iPhone. The list includes some famous names, where some names cannot be heard. Most of these browsers come with an overall excellent performance rating, and some are well known for providing much better privacy. So, keep reading to find the right pick for your iPhone.
8 Best iPhone Browser: You Need to Use
Most major browsers are compatible and supported in the Apple ecosystem. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera Browser, etc., are some of the best iOS browsers that work seamlessly on the iPhone and iPad and may be the safest alternative to the Safari browser.
The iOS App Store is loaded with third-party browsers, which are pretty good. Some browsers secure your browsing by turning off the online tracker from tracking your browsing habits. Some offer easy-to-use interfaces for fast web browsing, while others combine a wide range of features with customizations to give you a full-on web browsing experience. But just in case you feel a bit distorted for choice and can’t find the right browser that can meet your needs, we’ve covered the 8 best iPhone browsers you can use in 2022.
|Browser Name||Best For||Score||Price|
|Google Chrome||Fast, full of useful features, and a lot of RAM when running.||9.6/10||Free|
|Safari||A quick browser that is intuitive to use and well-integrated||9.8/10||Free|
|Firefox Focus||Privacy is protected||9.1/10||Free|
|Microsoft Edge||User-friendly design||9.3/10||Free|
|Opera Browser||Fast and secure browsing||8.8/10||Free|
|Brave Browser||Safe, fast, and private browser||9.7/10||Free|
|DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser||Best Google Search alternatives and privacy focus browser||8.9/10||Free|
|Aloha Browser||Fast, free, full-featured web browser and free Unlimited VPN||9.1/10||Free|
1. Google Chrome: Best Browser App for Cross-Platform Syncing
Google Chrome is the most excellent mobile browser to use if you live in the Google ecosystem. And for most people, it’s no surprise that Chrome is the most used iPhone browser after Safari. The primary driver of its popularity is its fast performance, stability, and reliability. It easily syncs with the Chrome app on your desktop and other mobile devices. So, passwords, browsing history, bookmarks, and more are at your fingertips, regardless of which device you’re using.
If you use Chrome on your PC, deciding on its mobile alternative is a no-brainer. Likewise, it has several built-in tools to streamline your overall workflow. Speaking of which, its accessible reader mode ensures that you can read your favorite blog without confusion.
It’s free for such powerful tools. In Chrome or any other browser, there is no match for the quality of Google search results. However, if you get tired of your search and browsing history, you can always change the default search engine and lock down your privacy settings. However, it may reduce the usefulness of the tools for which you downloaded the app in the first place.
- Its built-in Google Voice Search helps you find answers to your questions without typing manually.
- Embedded Google Translate lets you interpret or translate text from one language to another.
- Then, the ability to sync browsing history, bookmarks, and saved passwords across different devices proves quite valuable.
- Data saver mode compresses web pages to load faster on your device.
- A camouflage mode for personal browsing, where your history, cache, and cookies will not be recorded, is a boon for user privacy.
- Easy to sync with other devices using Chrome.
- If you use Chrome on your desktop computer, sync bookmarks, settings, and history.
- Best cross-platform syncing.
- Neat and polished user interface.
- Not great for privacy; It tracks and syncs your activity, and unless you sign in, you will not be able to use certain features.
2. Safari: Fast and Well-integrated Browser for iPhone
If you have an iPhone, you have Safari, and you can’t get rid of it. However, there is nothing to be ashamed of about using what is already installed on your phone. After all, Apple-designed Safari with iPhone users in mind optimized it for the Apple ecosystem and made it easy enough for us tech-savvy to learn and use it to its full potential.
However, this article looks at features available in some featured browsers. Safari has no collection, crypto wallet, particular search, or VPN. However, it covers password storage, web history sync, personal browsing, bookmarks, download manager, and more, as well as third-party browsers that we cover. Safari is generally praised for being a fast browser that is intuitive to use and integrates well with other Apple devices. The downside is that it doesn’t have the features of a user-friendly tab organization.
So, if you don’t want to worry about which browser is the best, fastest, or block most cookies and just want a secure browser that works, Safari is probably the best choice.
- Passwords, bookmarks, history, tabs, and more sync seamlessly across iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Personal browsing mode does not save your history and keeps your business browsing.
- Intelligent Tracking Prevention Tracker prevents you from being tracked across websites.
- Tab groups allow you to save and organize your tabs and access them across iOS, iPad, and macOS.
- Extensions allow you to personalize Safari and add more functionality to the browser.
- Readers format articles without ads, navigation, or other confusing items for easy reading.
- The Privacy Report shows known trackers that have been confined from tracking you.
- The reading list easily saves articles for you to read later.
- Voice Search lets you search the web using only your voice
- Webpage translation translates entire web pages into another language in a browser.
- Handoff effortlessly transmits what you’re doing on Safari from one device to another.
- Perfect integration with Apple’s ecosystem.
- Fast browsing experience.
- Reader mode is available to tune websites into easy-to-read text pages.
- Lack of some features found in rival browsers.
3. Firefox Focus: iPhone browsing app to browse anonymously
Firefox Focus is a browser that puts privacy at the top of its agenda, and we’ve found that it does exactly what it says in the Tin (or App Store), blocking a variety of trackers, allowing you to quickly delete your history and allowing you to The Internet controls history.
However, it’s limited – you lack a history, menus, or even tabs. This is a big drawback, but if security and privacy are the essential part of your agenda, this is a compromise you may want to make. A personal mode is also available if you want to enhance your privacy further.
Firefox is available across devices like Chrome, and you can use Touch ID or Face ID to quickly and securely enter your password. While this is too much to accept, there are still common Firefox browsers that boast a complete complement of features and lots of extra tools.
Firefox Focus gets positive reviews from most iPhone users who are happy to protect their privacy. The downside is about the user experience, especially when it comes to accessing your bookmarks.
- New distraction: When you open Focus, you’ll find a great bar and keyboard for a quick search
- Free design: No recent history, no past sites, no open tabs, no ads, no confusion. A simple, minimalist design with menus that makes sense.
- One tap to delete history: Delete your history, passwords, and cookies with a tap of the Trash button.
- Create shortcuts: Pin up to four shortcuts on your home screen. Go to your favorite site faster without typing anything.
- Faster browsing with ad-blocking & tracking protection: Firefox Focus blocks many ads you typically see on web pages to get faster page load speeds, which means you can get the things you want much faster. Focus blocks broad trackers, including social trackers and stickies from things like Facebook ads.
- Backed by a non-profit: Firefox Focus is supported by Mozilla, a nonprofit that fights for your rights on the web, so you can count on it not to sell your data.
- Easy sync tabs and bookmarks across devices.
- Great for privacy.
- You can organize your tabs as you like.
- Blocks ads and trackers by default.
- Fast and clean user interface.
- Does not support multiple tabs. One tab at a time.
- Suitable for those who want to browse multiple sites at once.
4. Microsoft Edge: Bring Your MS Account To iPhone
If you have an iPhone but are also a Windows user, then Edge is an outstanding browser for your phone. It’s a quick, secure browser that helps protect your data and save time and money. Edge makes it easier to link your iPhone and PC and sync bookmarks, exchange web pages, and your Cortana settings. Other features include the ability to block ads and prevent tracing. With Edge, you can choose to browse in person, and select web pages to add to Pinterest-style in themed folders. One of the most outstanding features of Microsoft Edge is the homepage. You can customize it with a beautiful background, show the latest news, or press a button to enter the focus mode.
Microsoft Edge is the only web browser you’ll need with built-in tools to help you work more online, stay safe, and give you the best online shopping experience. Get the Microsoft Edge web browser for a faster, safer, and more productive experience every time you browse.
- Tracking Prevention To prevent third-party trackers from catching your browsing activity.
- Baked in Ad-Block Plus to stop intrusive ads from ruining your browsing experience.
- In private browsing mode so you can browse safely in camouflage mode.
- Immersive reader mode allows for a hassle-free experience.
- Password Manager to effectively manage all your saved passwords associated with your account.
- Customizable homepage.
- A great amount of accessibility shortcuts.
- Microsoft account integration.
- Built on Chromium for speed.
- Features a language translator.
- The tabs lack gestures for quick movement
- Limited privacy feature, disabled by default.
5. Opera Browser: iPhone browser with built-in Crypto wallet
A high-speed browser for iOS, Opera is beautifully designed and has a built-in ad blocker for continuous browsing. The browser is intended to be used on the go and allows users to choose between the classic navigation and a FastAction button, which gives you instant access to searches. The browser has a private browsing mode that allows you to remain completely anonymous while browsing the Internet.
Use Opera for mobile with your Opera computer browser for seamless web browsing and fast file sharing across your desktop and mobile devices. Connecting your phone to your PC to share files has not been easy. Just launch Opera Desktop Browser and scan the QR code displayed there with Opera Browser. No login, password, or account is required. You can send links, notes, videos, or any other files with a single click, and they will be displayed on all your desktop and mobile devices.
The Opera browser is designed for Android and iOS. In 2012, the browser had 168.8 million users. It is available in about 90 different languages. However, Opera Mini is not as popular as Google Chrome and Firefox, but it is a gem that has been overlooked in terms of its capabilities.
- The ‘Flow’ feature lets you link the device’s browser to its PC version. You can then easily exchange the desired data from both ends.
- It has a built-in QR code scanner, which searches well with its flow features.
- In addition, it has a built-in crypto wallet that efficiently manages Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies.
- Then, with the pop-up blocker, its ad blocker feature leads to an immersive browsing experience.
- Appears with crypto mining protection and a crypto wallet.
- Fast and secure browsing.
- Customizable navigation controls.
- Works across platforms.
- You can connect to Opera on any device.
- Native ad blocker.
- Jerky animations.
- Action buttons often do not work well.
6. Brave Browser: iPhone Browser has Its Own News App
Protect your data and enjoy fast and personal browsing with Brave Browser. Built by a team of privacy-centric, web-based performance developers, this browser loads major sites faster than its competitors. Brave Browser uses its integrated ad-blocker, blocks unwanted content, and rewards users for viewing ads. You can also customize browser security and privacy shield settings based on the site you visit.
Moreover, it is the only browser that understands how annoying ads can be and why most users use ad blockers. Brave Browser rewards users for watching promotional videos and ads in mind the basic idea of offering ad-free internet. This program is known as brave advertising and focuses on providing a good platform for both the user and the advertiser.
However, there is still a bit of reluctance, especially among the developing and publishing communities. This is because they are still unsure how these brave rewards will compare to their revenue through advertising. So unless the payment method is further simplified, one or two sections of the user base can maintain a safe distance from this browser.
- The HTTPS ubiquitous feature ensures you only visit secure sites.
- Similarly, all data transfers between clients and server-side are encrypted by default.
- It blocks all third-party trackers, add-ons, and scripts.
- An inbuilt Private VPN that allows you to hide your actual IP address and browse anonymously.
- Built-in VPN and news app.
- Clean home page with good customization options.
- You can earn rewards by watching ads.
- Supports Face ID or Touch ID to lock the browser.
- No free VPN option.
- Brave search is not as polished or intuitive as Google.
7. DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser: Couple Of Neat Features
DuckDuckGo is also included in our list of the most significant Google search options. Now, DuckDuckGo also makes the browser a viable safari option. It is a privacy-focused browser and blocks many trackers by default.
Combining a privacy-centric browser and a customizable one will result in something like DuckDuckGo. In addition to emphasizing privacy and customization, it also boasts of its search engine, which has recently had more than 100 million searches. All these factors are taking each other to new heights every day. Similarly, some of its Nifty features may contribute to its continued growth.
While this is good and good on the privacy front, for some, the customizations are too much to deal with. For example, you need to tap the Fire button to clear your history and browsing data, which gives a burning animation after the interaction. For some, this is a considerable number.
- This blocks all third-party trackers by default.
- Its Enforce encryption feature ensures that you always land in the HTTPS version instead of HTTP (if available).
- Similarly, it gives each site a privacy score from A to F. So it can give you a decent idea of how secure that site is.
- You can apply a Touch ID or Face ID lock to this browser to prevent it from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
- No-nonsense user interface.
- One-tap delete button for all browsing data.
- DuckDuckGo email protection.
- Supports Face ID/ Touch ID lock.
- Some sites might show errors.
- No advance features as tab groups.
8. Aloha Browser: iPhone Browser App With Built-In VPN
If privacy is your concern, there is no better option than using a VPN to browse the Internet. Aloha Browser for iPhone has a built-in VPN that lets you browse the Internet anonymously. The iOS browser app focuses on privacy and hides users’ Internet footprints.
Aloha Browser is a quick, free, full-featured web browser that provides maximum privacy and security. The interface is simple and designed with inspiration from Google Chrome. Aloha Browser for iPhone says that it does not log any activity, which is another reason to be crowned as the best browser for iPhone in this data-hungry world.
There is also a paid version of the browser called Aloha Premium that comes with more advanced features. For hardcore privacy-focused individuals, Aloha Premium is a Safari option. Millions of users have already tried this app and prefer it over other browsers for its pure interface, ease of use, and excellent features. 5 stars – average rating in most countries.
If you decide to purchase Aloha Premium, the payment will be credited to your iTunes account to confirm the purchase. Subscriptions are renewed automatically if automatic renewal is not stopped at least 24 hours before the current expiration. Auto-renewal can be turned off anytime by visiting your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be confiscated when you purchase a subscription.
- Surf in an ad-free environment.
- Taking your Internet freedom and surety to the next level.
- Enjoy VR videos directly from the browser.
- Listen to your favorite music while using any app or turning off the screen.
- Powerful music and video player that plays in a variety of formats.
- All VPN traffic is shrunken and encrypted to use less bandwidth.
- Lock the private tab with TouchID or passcode and keep it private.
- A suitable way to quickly open links from the real world.
- We don’t log any of your activity and will share it with nobody because we have nothing to share.
- Auto start VPN with the browser.
- Ability to use VPN in other apps.
- Support for ZIP archives.
- Disabling advertising.
- Premium themes.
- Built-in free VPN.
- The built-in VR player lets you play VR videos directly from the browser app.
- Transfer files to a computer and goes back via WiFi file sharing.
- Initial features like custom wallpapers are locked for premium access.
5 Things to Consider when Choosing a Best Web Browser for iPhone
If you are looking for the best iPhone browser to get the most out of your internet experience, then you are on the right page. But, what is a website browser app? A browser app is a program that allows us to access the WWW (World Wide Web) and surf the Internet using an Internet connection. Nowadays, on the internet, you can choose from many options. But, you have to look for the best one because there may be some lack of security and comfort that can harm your internet surfing experience.
When choosing a web browser, you must consider some important factors, including load time, compatibility, speed, security, and more. From a general point of view, all 8 browsers provide excellent user experience with slight differences in performance and interface design. Because of the great similarities between these five best browsers, there are five additional things to consider before downloading or switching to a new browser.
- Load Time: Load time is related to the speed of a web browser, which retrieves, presents, and transports data resources from one point to another. A slow load time means you’re spending more time waiting to load than reading your content. Research has repeatedly proven that fast load time is the key to an improved user experience. Although slow websites are penalized by both Google and Internet users, websites that can load efficiently typically experience increased traffic and conversion rates. Simply apply the concept of fast load time for websites in your web browsers, and you will understand why a slow browser creates a frustrating browsing experience.
- Add-Ons Compatibility: Some of us like to use our browser to write articles or work on our programs. For every need, many companies create add-ons. Add-ons are programs created by third parties that cannot perform key features in web browsers. The most common add-on for web browsers is VPN. However, not all browser apps have excellent add-on compatibility. So, make sure that an add-on is installed in the web browser app. If not, you should look for another web browser app.
- Security: The first thing you want to consider is safety. If your browser app has excellent security, it will protect you against malware, viruses, scammers, and hackers that can damage your data. We all always input our data over the internet. This includes online banking, social media, and email accounts. Imagine if your website is not secure, many potential risks can happen to you, and you will run into a severe problem with your data. They could steal your money! So, make sure you choose a browser with fantastic security. You can do this by reading some reviews and checking its security level.
- Speed: Since we want to use browser apps for data browsing and work, excellent speed is necessary. You need to compare each browser you want to use on the same device and Internet connection to see if the browser has a fast page load time, for example, your laptop. Some browsers usually have faster speeds than others. This may be due to its nice user interface and easy-to-navigate buttons. Accelerates speed and operating speed on the user interface.
- Privacy: The last thing you need to consider is privacy. This can be personal browsing or anonymous browsing. Many people do not want to share their data with their IP address and location. This is when doing some business with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. This is why they need extra privacy when surfing the internet. So, you must ensure that the web browser has a nice personal browsing feature. In Opera, for example, you can switch to private browsing mode by clicking CTRL + Shift + N.
When deciding which browsing apps you want to use, you must consider those things. One thing I want you to know is that you always know what you need. If you are looking for a web browser to help you with your work, play games safely or even secure your data, you can always choose a bold browser.
How To Choose The Best Browser For iPhone?
With this list, we hope you can choose the best browser for iPhone in 2022. Selecting a browser app largely depends on your browsing interests and patterns. Various iPhone browsers offer different sets of features. Some users prefer apps that focus on privacy, and others prefer apps that reduce data costs.
You may be looking for a Safari alternative to find a good browser for your iPhone. This list of Safari options tells you about the most popular browsers we’ve tried and rated for a seamless browsing experience.
We mentioned above that all iPhone browser apps could be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store. Tell us your favorite iPhone browser app from the list, and if you think there are other notable Safari options, let us know in the comments.
What is the best browser for iPhone?
The default Safari browser is considered the best browser for iPhone or the Apple ecosystem. However, if you rely on a Google or Microsoft account, consider getting Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for ease of use and cross-device sync function. Both of these browsers are great Safari options.
What is the most private browser on the iPhone?
Safari is considered to be the most personal browser on the iPhone. It is pre-installed on Apple devices and comes with a developed tracker prevention method known as ITP.
Is it better to use Safari or Chrome on iPhone?
Google’s ecosystem and its products fully support Chrome At the same time, Safari integrates with Apple’s ecosystem. Both are excellent browsers, but it ultimately depends on personal preference.
Which browser uses the most miniature battery on the iPhone?
Different browsers apply various ways to limit power consumption. Nowadays, most browsers have been optimized to give a little battery sip and more performance. However, if you’re looking for super lightweight browsers, the Opera browsers on our list work best with the least resource-intensive and older phones.
With that, we end the list of best browsers for iPhone and iPad (iOS / iPadOS). As you may have noticed, each of them has USP as well as a few caveats. While some focus on privacy, others set their sights on customization.
It ultimately depends on the user’s preferences, for which they eventually decide. As far as my choice is concerned, I decided to offer from Silicon Valley Giant, i.e., Google Chrome. The biggest reason for this is its highly effective cross-device support.
- The 7 Best iPhone Apps for Tesla Car Owners
- Top 10 Best Apps That Turn Pictures Into Cartoons
- The 8 Best Financial Apps for iPhone in 2022
- 8 Best Music Apps that Don’t Need Data or Wifi
- 10+ Most Interesting iPhone Users and Sales Statistics in 2022!