Caller ID apps generally identify who is calling you if the number is unknown, spam or fake. However, some advanced caller ID apps can automatically block those spam numbers as well as can locate the unknown person’s location too. Therefore having a caller ID app installed on your phone is a must these days as your phone number can easily be public due to online shopping, making online payments, and from other online activities.
We acknowledge that although almost every caller ID app is built for identifying and blocking spam or fake calls or messages, many of these apps lack data security. And that is why, we have analyzed several caller ID apps based on their functionalities, key features, user reviews, pros, and cons and picked the best ones in this article.
So without a further delay, let’s check out our top picks of best caller ID apps for iPhone and Android devices in 2022.
Truecaller is our number one pick because it is used by the largest community of users around the globe and its latest version update provides the best search experience. Truecaller lets you identify and block spam calls or SMS easily as it has its own community-based spam list from more than 300 million users. It also lets you search unknown numbers and find the contact info of the user.
One of the best services about this app is that your privacy is protected and your phonebook will never be public.
- Automatic and instant identification of spam, fake, fraud or robocalls.
- Unwanted calls and SMS filtration.
- Search unknown numbers: View and find contact details of any number.
- Powerful Dialer: call directly using the app, see when your friends are free for the call and use T9 search for quick calls.
- Smart Texting: Chat for free on Truecaller app with advanced multimedia functions (share photos, videos etc.,).
- Access more features like adblock, know who views your profile, 30 contact requests per month and the premium badge on your profile by updating to Truecaller premium subscription.
- The best advantage of using the Truecaller app is that you get to reveal the identity of the unknown person who is continuously disturbing you by calling or texting. You can search by the number and know the user’s name or other contact information.
- Truecaller automatically blocks the number which you have marked spam once, you do not need to get bothered next time they are calling or texting.
- You get to have a peace of mind eliminating fake or robocalls using Truecaller.
- Additionally, you can start smart chatting with your friend using the app and get to know when they are active.
- Your privacy is claimed to be protected always with Truecaller.
- One of the biggest cons of the Truecaller app is, it can not identify the unknown caller without an internet connection.
- Truecaller may drain your phone’s battery as it keeps running in the background.
- Truecaller app is free to install and use the services but for more advanced features, you need to subscribe to its premium package which costs $1.99/month or $17.99/year only.
- Although Truecaller is a global app, for users in the UAE it is blocked due to privacy issues.
Hiya: Caller ID & Call Blocker app is another outstanding app that reveals true caller ID if someone is calling you from an unknown number. It gives you spam alerts and blocks those spam numbers by automatic identification. Hiya is a fast-operated app that identifies whether you are receiving a robocall or a real call. Moreover, you get to report the spammers to the Hiya community as well. Check out its key features below:
- Spam Protection: advanced phone spam protection engine identifies and blocks spam, robocalls, debt collectors, telemarketers and fraud calls automatically.
- Phone blocker blocks spam calls and stops Neighbor Spoofing.
- Caller ID: turns potential spammer calls into real-time context to reveal their identity.
- Reverse Search: finds the true caller name.
- Contact management with Hiya.
- Hiya: Caller ID app is reliable and easy to use.
- This app is totally ad free. You do not have to pay in order to block in-app ads.
- Hiya: Caller ID app has a huge database which lets you search unknown contacts and reveal the true caller id even if you are outside of the USA.
- Installation is free and available in multiple languages.
- Hiya: Caller ID app’s in-app purchases are more expensive than the Truecaller app. It costs $3.99/month or $24.99/year.
- Several features have made premium which were previously free to use.
3. Call Blocker: Block spam calls
Call Blocker: Block spam calls is one of the highly-rated caller ID apps in the market today. It automatically identifies and blocks the most dangerous phone numbers in the USA and protects you from commonly occurred scams. You can report phone numbers that are suspicious to you in order to help the community by registering more scam numbers in the database. This app is developed by the largest community for phone search and the biggest phone spam dictionary company in the USA – Unknownphone.com which has more than 4 million identified phone numbers from 30+ countries. So you get to easily identify fraud calls or commercial spam calls via the Call Blocker: Block spam calls app.
- Report and block suspicious phone numbers.
- Identify commercial calls and avoid the most common scams.
- Block international, unknown and unidentified calls.
- Get all services of Unknownphone.com through the app.
- Unlock more advanced features such as, block ads, detect and block more dangerous numbers, get unlimited information about the number and more with a budget-friendly subscription plan.
- The Call Blocker: Block spam calls app automatically blocks local and international spam calls, suspicious phone numbers and commercial calls and protects you from all kinds of scams.
- You can report any number as spam or fake to the Unknownphone.com community.
4. Call Control
Call Control is a highest quality app for call and text blocking from spam or fraud numbers. It is also one of the highest-rated and most used caller ID apps till date. Whether you want to block potential spam calls or texts, and also want your contact list to be safe, Call Control is the ideal app for you.
One best part of this app is it is STIR/SHAKEN compatible, that means all protocols and procedures intended to combat caller ID spoofing are maintained here. Caller control is free to install but offers in-app purchases for the premium version.
- Block calls and add numbers to the block list.
- Free search and reverse lookup – know who’s calling.
- Easily report and block anyone silently.
- STIR/SHAKEN authentication technology compatibility.
- Do Not Call List – Block calls from violators of the FTC/FCC.
- Call Control protects your privacy. It claims that your phonebook is 100% secure.
- This app works perfectly in terms of blocking calls and texts of fraud numbers silently. So once you install it, you are protected.
The only con of the Call Control app is its in-app purchasing plans which are much costlier than the other apps. Its premium plan starts from $9.99 per month or $29.99/year. However, you can get a 5 Premium Look-up Credit for only $2.99.
5. Showcaller: Caller ID & Block
The Showcaller: Caller ID & Block app is at the fifth place of our pick for the best caller id apps because it is totally free, easy to use, and of course it provides similar services like Truecaller. It is powered by a database with millions of phone numbers which helps you identify fraud and spam callers instantly. More importantly, this app shows name, photo, address and other details when your phone is ringing.
- Caller ID: provides caller ID and location from a database of billion numbers.
- Block Calls: instantly blocks spam and fraud calls, also provides spam reports during incoming calls.
- Smart Search: your searches are stored with this feature, find your previous searched numbers quickly.
- Quick installation and account set-up process.
- The Showcaller: Caller ID & Block app is absolutely free. No in-app purchases are needed to use its advanced features.
- This app is very lightweight, and covers only a few mbs of phone’s storage.
- Caller ID works even if your phone does not have an internet connection.
- Android version of the Showcaller: Caller ID & Block app comes with a premium membership which is free with advanced features, however for iOS users, there is no such function.
- The iOS version of the Showcaller: Caller ID & Block app is still buggy in some cases such as spam call identification when multiple calls are coming in a day.
6. Me – Caller ID
Me – Caller ID is another call and text blocking app that protects you from spammers. However it has some unique services that other apps don’t provide, such as it lets you view mutual contacts of an unknown number, you get to see who saves your number and what name. Using the Me – Caller ID app you can send WhatsApp messages without saving the contacts. Moreover, you get 360° spam protection with powerful tools and 24/7 updating of spam records. Know more about the app below.
- Searchable phone numbers: Search unknown phone numbers get quick results from billions of searchable phone numbers.
- Integration with CallKit extension for Real-time spam protection.
- View mutual contacts of unknown numbers, know who saves your number and what name.
- Review connections with friends and family.
- Send Whatsapp without saving numbers.
- Identify phone numbers with share extension and push notifications.
- The main advantage of using the Me – Caller ID app rather than other apps like Truecaller or Hiya is it offers some extra features like viewing mutual contacts of unknown numbers or sending Whatsapp texts without saving numbers.
- There is nothing hidden to you if you use the Me – Caller ID app, because you get to know who is saving your number and what name they are saving it.
- This app also provides automatic back-up of 5 functions – call log, contacts, notes etc. You do not have to save anything.
New updated version of the Me – Caller ID app is quite buggy for android devices, however, it seems fine on iOS.
The Me – Caller ID app offers in-app purchases which cost $3.49 monthly or $28.49 if paid yearly for unlocking its advanced features. However the installation and by default features are free to use.
7. Mr. Number: Caller ID & Spam Protection
The Mr. Number: Caller ID & Spam Protection app provides a super-fast caller ID identification service including several other advanced features to manage your calls and contacts at the same place. Using the app you can easily identify spammers and frauds, you can also block numbers from the same territory, area code, or an entire country. Moreover, you can stop telemarketers or debt collectors in real-time. Mr. Number is currently a premium version of Hiya.
- Fastest look-up experiences – check any phone number easily.
- Personal Block List – manage your own block list.
- Caller ID identification and spam blocking.
- Block SMS and Calls from any number in the world.
- Real-time alerts for incoming spam or fraud calls.
- Automatic block number configuration.
- Spam or fraud reporting option.
- CallKit integration for iOS – navigate call logs, call screen and support via Mr. Number.
- Mr. Number, a productive call blocker app is dedicated to provide fastest caller ID identification and spam numbers blocking services. So your phone’s connection is safe with it.
- This app supports every phone code across the planet.
- Before telemarketers or debt collectors call you, The Mr. Number: Caller ID & Spam Protection app blocks them. So your time is not wasted.
- Using this app you can report spam, scam or fake numbers and help the community.
- The Mr. Number: Caller ID & Spam Protection app only has iOS CallKit integration, so Android users can not navigate their call logs through the app.
- In order to unlock features like reverse look-up and automatic call blocking, you have to use the premium version of the app which costs $3.99/month or $24.99/year.
8. Sync.ME – Caller ID, Spam Call Blocker & Contacts
Sync.ME is one of the leading call blocking apps in the market today, made for iPhone and Android users. Sync.ME has an automatically updated spam list and call identifier that protects user’s privacy by blocking spam calls and identifying caller ID. it also lets you see the caller’s photo and automatically updates your phonebook. The Sync.ME app comes with several basic and premium features, check the most important one below!
- More than 1 billion searchable phone numbers: search and know who has called you.
- Spam Call Blocker: automatically blocks spammers with the help of a 24/7 updated database.
- Syncable contacts: automatic update of address books with photos and other information from their social media.
- Premium Features:
- Automatic Background Sync.
- Find merged duplicate contacts.
- Quick creation of contact backup.
- Sync.ME is a wholesome caller ID app for iPhone and Android that always lets you know who is calling you and shows their photo as well.
- You get multiple caller ID features in just one app.
- Search any number and reveal their identity easily because Sync.me has a 24/7 updated database consisting of 1 billion+ contact numbers.
- The main attraction of the Sync.ME app is its premium features which costs $4.99/month, $5.99 per 6 months or $9.99 a year. This pricing is much lesser than the other caller ID apps.
- Automatic contact sync feature seems pretty buggy.
- The Sync.ME app does not really sync with Facebook well, due to Facebook’s new API. So those who do not use other social platforms rather than Facebook, might face some problems with the Sync.ME app.
9. CallerSmart: Caller ID + Block (iOS)
CallerSmart: Caller ID + Block is another app for identifying spam or fraud calls and block calls and texts from them. This app is designed only for iPhone by Caller Smart Incorporated. The best fact of the app is, iPhone users have rated this app #1 for reverse phone lookup utility for over 4 years straight. This keeps phonebooks up-to-date for all in the USA and has made a game out of it so you can win badges and free prizes.
- Identify the unknown caller with full name and location.
- View comments of other users who have reported a suspicious number.
- Monitor your own contact numbers, see who has been looking for you.
- Automatic spam calls and text blocking with hiding your own reverse lookups from other users.
- CallerSmart is a dedicated iOS app that helps iPhone users to find the caller ID of the unknown disturbing person. If you are an iPhone user, this app can be a great option for you.
- Just by typing the phone number you get to know who is calling you, from where he is calling, his full name, address, criminal history and with whom they are related to. So in short CallerSmart is the best caller ID app for iPhone users till date.
- It has multiple in-app purchasing plans starting from $2.99 only, so users get to choose which package they want to buy.
- CallerSmart: Caller ID + Block is built for iPhone only. No Android version is available.
- Automatic spam call blocker can not block all spam calls, it blocks the numbers that are reported to the FTC. For this reason, buying a premium plan is a must.
The CallerSmart: Caller ID + Block app is rated 4.6 out of 5 with more than 13000 ratings on the Apple App Store. Download the app now!
10. Caller ID & Number Locator (Android)
Caller ID & Number Locator is a great caller ID app for Android users because of its worldwide coverage for searching and locating unknown or spam callers. Using this app Android users can search and locate any number in more than 200 countries and nearly 13000 cities. Caller ID & Number Locator app can identify spam calls with the exact geolocation of the caller that includes the caller’s country, city, area, and service provider.
- Find any number’s location in real-time and view it on the map.
- Block unwanted robocalls and spammers with robocallers and spam blockers.
- Worldwide ISD and STD codes powered by truecaller ID and Spam Block database.
- Search and view true caller ID, STD or ISD codes even while offline.
- Caller ID & Number Locator is best for users who receive spam calls from around the world. Using this app they can easily track and block those spammers from almost every county in the world.
- This app provides a-detailed location of the callers, so you can track anyone’s current location, city, country in-real time.
- The Caller ID & Number Locator app is free to use, no in-app purchases are needed.
- The Caller ID & Number Locator app is for Android only, no iOS version is available.
- Numbers are searchable while offline, but it needs internet connection for map view.
- No clear procedure to report spammers to the database.
The Caller ID & Number Locator app is rated 4.4 out of 5 with more than 160K ratings on the Google Play Store. Download the app now!
All that you need to know about Best Caller ID Apps!
Anyone who is still wondering which caller ID app would be best for them, this segment will completely clear your thoughts.
Which Caller ID is the Best?
Truecaller and Hiya: Caller ID & Call Blocker are undoubtedly the most popular and most used caller ID apps on the app store now, but Truecaller Vs Hiya: Which one is the best? Let’s find out in the following table below!
|Main Facts||Truecaller||Hiya: Caller ID & Call Blocker|
|Identifies caller ID?||Yes||Yes|
|Can it be used worldwide?||Yes, except for the UAE||Yes|
|Automatic spam call and text block||Yes||Yes|
|Easy report spammers?||Yes||Yes|
|Filters unwanted calls and texts?||Yes||No|
|Removes all ads for free?||No||Yes|
|Pricing (in-app purchases)||$1.99/month or$17.99/year||$3.99/month or $24.99/year|
|Ratings||4.5 out of 5||4.2 on Google Play and 4.6 on Apple App Store|
|Download Link||Google Play Store or Apple App Store||Google Play Store or Apple App Store|
What is the Best Caller ID App for Free?
All the above-mentioned caller ID apps are free to install and the basic and common features are free to use as well, however, each app has its own in-app purchasing plans for its premium features. Generally, the in-app purchasing plans start from $2.99 per month, but Truecaller is the best free and cheapest caller ID app for iPhone and Android users as it only charges $1.99 per month and provides very unique and advanced features. The installation is of course free.
Can I use Truecaller on my iPhone?
Truecaller automatically identifies spam calls on iOS devices. Here’s how you can enable Truecaller spam call identification on your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Open Phone.
- Open the Call Blocking & Identification option.
- Enable all the options for the Truecaller app.
Is there anything better than Truecaller?
We all love Truecaller right? But every best thing has some flaws, and Truecaller is no different. You can check its cons mentioned above. So we have found out some best alternative apps to Truecaller, here is the list below:
- Hiya: Caller ID & Call Blocker
- ShowCaller: Caller ID & Block
- Call Blocker: Block spam calls
- Call Control
- Me – Caller ID
So is it only Truecaller when you think about getting the best caller ID app for your iPhone or Android device? Well, in this article, we highly recommended Truecaller for all the exclusive features it provides while charging the least amount of money!
But what if you were previously a Truecaller user and want to switch it based on your experience? We had it covered for you too as we have listed the 10 best caller ID apps for iPhone and Android users along with all the important information you need to know to get the best app for you. Therefore we hope that you have found your desired app and have peace of mind by blocking spam calls or texts and identifying frauds easily.