Best Free Android VPN is considered the golden ticket for unlimited browsing, unlocked streaming sites, and you can browse without the fear of being tracked. All these you can enjoy without spending a penny. However, it is essential to understand how Free VPN works and the security issues too.
What terms and functionality can provide Free Android VPN to save sensitive data and your money? Be calm; we suggest you the best options for opting for the best free Android VPN.
Free VPN for Android
Every technology has its merits and demerits too. If you want the best free VPN for Android or any other device, then need to know which one is worth opting for? Some providers have bad intentions, and some serve the best service with 100% security.
However, almost all of the free Android VPNs give you a monthly data allowance, and some may select the location for you automatically. If the facts do not bother you, then a free VPN is the best choice for you.
We figure out the best free VPN for the Android VPN, and all of them are also available on other platforms. We have rounded up the best free VPN services for Android users to access almost all available platforms. Before starting the journey, we need to know what VPNs are and why you should use them.
Though it’s hard to find a free VPN and secure one that works well on Android, most free VPNs were slow and unusable, and annoying ads were shown and data leaks. For this reason, we recommend using a premium and low-cost VPN because it is fast, versatile, and secure.
There are some free VPNs you can use without putting your privacy at risk. These are usually the limited free versions of premium services. After extensive testing, I’ve put together this list of the top free VPNs for Android-based on speed, security, and performance.
What are Free VPNs?
An Android VPN (Virtual Private Network) is an application that gives access to a virtual network without any payment. It gives you access to send or receive data across a public or shared network. However, you can enjoy your favorite websites that may be restricted in your network or geography.
The VPN – routes your data through its servers and encrypts it before sending it to the website you are visiting. A VPN changes your IP address so that it can hide your location, keeping you safe.
Is it Safe to Use?
Without observing the issues, you should not use any VPN. Your data is an asset for your personal and professional life. So, you need to know the facts very clearly. Some VPN comes with many tricks to earn money from your browsing sites. They can come with hidden costs. For example, advertising has the power to have your data sold, and maybe your device used an exit node for other users without your acknowledgment.
Want to explore secure and free VPN? Stay with us. The purpose of this article is to serve proper knowledge about the 20 Best Free VPNs.
Best Android VPNs List
Best Free VPN For Android
15. Private Tunnel
ProtonVPN is the best Android VPN app used for web anonymously, unblocking websites & encrypting your internet connection. The VPN uses a high-speed Swiss VPN server that can protect your privacy and handle all security issues. ProtonVPN delivers unlimited data and serves various feature lists. You need not worry about how much you use data. When you sign up, you will get a full 7-day free trial with a premium product. And all the services you can enjoy without providing the credit card details.
The performance and security issues are strong. ProtonVPN has some limitations too. The provider sometimes offers payment options, and the speeds drop. You have access to work only one device at a time. The most painful thing is you will get no P2P or Secure Core support and play only three locations.
However, ProtonVPN can support a wide range of devices, a zero-logging policy, and an excellent unlimited data plan. For this reason, it is the best Android VPN. It has functional leak protection, split tunneling, and custom DNS servers to make the most well-rounded free VPN. For this reason, we highly recommend this VPN for future work.
The settings are accessible, and you can easily make an account. However, you can get a 7-day free trial with full-featured options after signing up. You can ignore ads when you are on a free or paid plan.
- Supporting Device: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux.
- Servers Countries: 3.
- Data Limit: Unlimited.
- Server selection: Manual — three available.
- No-logging policy: Yes.
- Paid plans: Start at $5 per month.
- 256-bit encryption.
- Automatic kill switch.
- DNS leak protection.
Windscribe is one of the most well-known and secure free VPN. It has no issues when it is tasted past years. The VPN follows all safety and privacy policies. The Windscribe can support all major operating systems, and Android, Windows get the most priority. It is the fastest VPN.
The free version has fewer options and features than the paid ones. For free users, Windscribe provides 11 servers from different countries around the world. The free plan offers 2GB of data per month and 10GB of data with a verified address—however, 20GB of data provided in promotion offerings. If you think that the Windscripe is free, it means it has security and upgraded features issues. Then the observation is wrong. Windscribe doesn’t store connection logs, IP stamps, and a record of sites that you visited.
Windscribe VPN uses military-grade encryption with a strict no-logs policy and has a built-in ad and malware blocker. The Android app is lightweight and user-friendly. For this reason, it won’t impact your device’s performance. The VPN supports P2P connections and split tunneling. However, the free version can not unblock Netflix. Upgrading will give you unlimited data and access to servers in 60 countries, including its streaming-optimized servers.
- Works on these devices: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Chrome, Firefox, Opera. Also compatible with smart TVs, NAS devices, and routers.
- Server Countries: 11.
- Data limitations: 2-10GB per month.
- Accessible data allowance: 2 or 10GB per month.
- Server selection: Manual — 20 locations available.
- No-logging policy: Yes.
- Paid plans: Start at $4.08 per month.
- Can enjoy 10GB of free data every month.
- Ad and malware blocker.
- Split tunneling.
The TunnelBear VPN offers both a free and paid service, and the important fact is that the free one is more restrictive than its competitors. TunnelBear VPN provides 500MB over the whole month on a service that is quite a small amount of data even for light users. You can not stream much on the free plan. If you want to explore a good VPN option on standby for occasional travel or public Wi-Fi surfing, then TunnelBear’s open plan is fit for you. The TunnelBear uses 256-bit encryption and keeps a no-logs policy. GhostBear mode can bypass VPN blocks and deep packet inspection.
In TunnelBear VPN, you don’t need to supply a name when signing up. If you love to use this service and need more data allowance, you can upgrade your account to a paid option. You can enjoy different countries’ connections around 23, including the US, Australia, India, Germany, and more.
- Server countries around 20+.
- 500MB free data per month.
- Bypasses VPN blocks and deep packet inspection.
- Fast, user-friendly app.
- Supporting Operating systems are Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- Server selection: Manual — 23 locations available.
- No-logging policy: Yes, supports P2P activity.
- Paid plans: Start at $4.17 per month.
- Both mobile and desktop clients.
- Decent speeds.
- Meager data limit.
- Not many options or settings.
- It automatically connects the server to secure data 24/7.
- This tool has a simple design.
- You can visualize encrypted data tunneling.
- It uses a robust AES 256-bit technique by default.
- You can choose a country with just one tap.
- The application does not log any user activities.
- It keeps your physical location private from hackers.
The NordVPN is a premium service with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. If you need assistance to travel or try out a premium VPN, then NordVPN is the best choice. The VPN operates 5,480+ servers across 60+ countries including, streaming and P2P-optimized servers.
NordVPN uses 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. It offers obfuscated servers and keeps a strict no-logs policy. Its CyberSec technology blocks suspicious websites, malware, and ads. The app is straightforward and user-friendly that protects wireless devices, and can not track, collect, or share your data. You can easily use it for secure access to a streaming website, messaging platform, and social media sites. The VPN can unblock the most popular streaming services, including Netflix and Hulu. It can be able to unblock international apps on the Play Store. You can use it for up to 6 devices.
- Supportive Operating devices are Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
- NordVPN can unblock – Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Lightning-fast speeds.
- 5,480+ servers.
- Provides streaming-optimized servers that can unblock Netflix.
- World-class security features.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Servers around 5700 more than 60 countries are available.
- It provides a double VPN.
- It does not record your log-activity online.
- 24/7 product support is available in NordVPN.
- Stay safe on public Wi-Fi.
- Connect to double VPN, onion over VPN servers, P2P.
The ExpressVPN secures internet browsing against three-letter agencies and scammers. Never access the IP addresses, browsing history, DNS queries, or traffic destination. The most secure and user-friendly VPN. ExpressVPN offers users unlimited access to music, social media, and video.
- Supporting operating devices are Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux.
- Serves around 94 countries and 160 locations.
- Anyone can enjoy the connection of this VPN without any bandwidth limitation.
- The online protection is high and has no leak and encryption report.
- The VPN hides your actual IP address and encrypts your network data.
- Provides 24/7 supports via email as well as live chat.
- You can pay via Bitcoin and use Tor to access hidden sites.
- The security and protection of mobile data use AES 256-bit encryption.
- Supports more than 12 languages.
Hotspot Shield VPN
The Hotspot Shield VPN offers 500MB of free data per day for the free plan users. You do not need to provide card details when signing up. The free one supports ads and limits you to two server locations. The user can enjoy the premium service with a 7-day trial and 45-day money-back guarantee.
The Hotspot Shield uses 256-bit encryption and strictly maintains a no-logs policy. A few things and features make Hotspot Shield one of the best free VPN services for Android you can get. It offers 15GB per month and 500MB of data per day. The premium version of Hotspot Shield is the fastest VPN.
- Supporting devices are Windows, Mac, Android, iOS.
- Only one server is available.
- 24/7 live chat support does not allow.
- 500MB of free data per day.
- High-speed servers.
- Military-grade encryption.
- Data allowance: 500MB per day.
- Server selection: Automatic.
- No-logging policy: Yes.
- Paid plans: Start at $7.99 per month.
- Some minor logging.
- Most of the premium version features are user-friendly.
- Possible stability issues.
The Android Hide.me VPN provides 10GB of free data per month. And supports five server locations including Netherlands, Canada, Singapore, and the US (east and west coast). The VPN maintains security issues and never logs your activities. For this reason, you do not need to worry about data selling to the highest bidder.
Hide.me set up is easy to adopt and use. When you sign in, there is no need to share your credit card info. And these qualities make the VPN the best one.
If you need more data, you need to focus on paid plans to choose your favorite one. And this starts from $4.99 per month and goes all the way up to $12.95 per month. And these pricing depends on the length of the subscription.
The app is easy-to-use and straightforward and has 256-bit encryption with an automatic kill switch. Hide.me VPN a strict no-logs policy and helps prevent unsafe apps from compromising your security.
- Support operating systems like Windows, iOS, Mac OS and Android, Linux, and Blackberry.
- Data allowance of 10GB per month.
- Server selection Manual — five available.
- The no-logging policy is Yes.
- Paid plans start at $4.99 per month.
- Military-level security features.
- High-speed connections.
- The servers available are 5.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- Strong on privacy.
- No adverts or speed throttling.
- It is limited to one device.
Speedify VPN offers 2GB of free data per month, and you can use one device. It is easy to set up, and you don’t need an account. The service can connect you to the fastest VPN server based on your location, or you can select the server yourself. The VPN supports 37 countries like the US, Japan, Italy, Australia, and many others. Speedity promises a no-logging policy. The company offers paid plans with unlimited data, and the pricing is set at $9.99 per month. The free plan has full access to those servers, and you can face restrictions of the free offering if you’re limited in the amount of data.
- Free data allowance: 2GB per month.
- Server selection: Manual — 37 locations available.
- No-logging policy: Yes.
- Paid plans: Start at $2.99 per month.
- Supported on: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux.
- Servers available: 50+
- Data limit: 2GB per month.
- 24/7 live chat support: No.
- The software has few low-level controls.
Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
The Kaspersky VPN is a free VPN with a secure connection but has its limitations. The VPN offers you 200MB of data per day or 300MB if you connect via the app with a Kaspersky account. It helps to get at least 6GB per month. The amount of data is entirely satisfactory to users.
You do not need to make a Kaspersky’s free VPN account to use this VPN. There are a few server locations available, but you have no access to choose your own when you use a free plan, and the service will choose it for you automatically. Kaspersky VPN is easy to use and helps you protect your communication and data, and the application can also secure your Wi-Fi.
There are paid plans available and provides unlimited data to choose the server location as per your likes. Pricing starts at around $2.5 per month if you opt for an annual plan.
- Accessible data allowance: 200/300MB per day.
- Server selection: Automatic.
- No-logging policy: Yes.
- Paid plans: Start at $2.5 per month.
- The VPN is responsible for securing online banking, streaming, shopping, and more.
- Users’ data are transferred and received via a secure channel.
- It automatically selects a virtual location for you.
- It does not reveal your IP address.
The SurfEasy app is considered the most secure online transaction on tablets and smartphones and has Android OS. SurfEasy has tools to protect the Wi-Fi hotspot. It helps to access your preferable and favorite website at any time and anywhere. The app encrypts all incoming internet traffic.
- It offers 24/7 live chat support.
- SurfEasy prohibits log activity on any online sites.
- The country choice is to depend on you.
- The app serves a fast network connection.
- You can browse the website at high speed.
- The app accesses you to block the website.
- Bypass firewalls to browse sites without any limit.
Avira Phantom VPN
Avira’s Phantom Free VPN offers an Android app service with a monthly data allowance of 500MB. The service allows you to connect to any of the 40 locations that are available in this VPN. In some cases, the server is selected by the sites.
The sign-up process is easy to understand. You need to download the app, select the location, and then enjoy the VPN by browsing anonymously. It would be best if you were prohibited from sharing any personal data with the provider. The free version offers everything just like the premium plan. The speed is fast, and a no-kill switch available for disabling internet access.
Want to avoid the limitations, then get the paid one. We recommend the annual plan of $78, which translates to $6.5 per month. Avira uses the protocol OpenVPN for security and locks the company’s private files. The VPN encrypts online data using the 256-bit AES encryption technique and keeps your login information and password safe.
- Data allowance: 500MB per month.
- Server selection: Manual — 40 available.
- No-logging policy: Yes.
- Paid plans: Start at $6.5 per month.
- You have access to unlock your favorite sites.
- Encrypt data on open networks like cafes, airports, hotels, and more.
- Provides the virtual IP addresses.
- Prohibit the leaking of DNS.
- It offers more than 38 servers around the world.
It SurfShark VPN provides fast and secure access to web content and makes your locations private. The VPN also keeps your sensitive data secure because it offers secure tunneling protocols, just like OpenVPN and IKEv2.
- Offers the services to explore more than 800 servers within 50+ countries.
- Only allow a few and restricted apps & websites to bypass the VPN.
- Protect your private data by hiding your actual IP address.
- The VPN never allows logging your IP, WebRTC.
- The software prevents DNS leaks.
- It uses AES 256-encryption.
- Allow multi-devices to connect to the same connection internet.
- It does not record activity logs.
VyprVPN has an application that offers fast and secure internet access. The users can use this app to log in as many as per their needs. The VPN allows you to connect to the internet safely. You can enjoy internet surfing with high security and server solutions.
- The VPN protects using public Wi-Fi.
- The tool has the power to block internet and network traffic automatically.
- It offers Customize VPN management facilities.
- Easy to download on your preferable device.
The CyberGhost software provides the users high security with P2P torrenting. You can be able to unblock all streaming devices. It also allows you to encrypt the online connection and boosts your security with digital privacy. The CyberGhost protects you from new internet connection harmful sites.
- Offer 6400 servers in around 89+ countries.
- Allow access to the NoSpy server.
- Support the latest 256-bit AES encryption technique.
- Allow connecting seven devices at a time.
- Serves unlimited bandwidth.
- CyberGhost VPN protects your privacy from data miners and hackers.
- You can easily hide your actual IP address.
- CyberGhost notifies you when connecting to an unsecured public network.
Private Tunnel VPN application is designed for Android. And the app helps you to set up a virtual private network. The connection is the secured one and can help users to browse very fast. It connects your Wi-Fi via a public internet hotspot. The application can unblock the geo-restricted website and surf as many sites as you like.
- Connect to the VPN server and use the internet privately.
- Provides 24/7 email support.
- Access unlimited data without any advertisement.
- You can keep your IP address anonymous.
- It can protect a connection against sniffers and hackers.
What are the Limitations?
The safest free VPNs versions are limited to premium services. And these VPNs are designed to support you with a no-cost trial and also encourage you to upgrade. The limitations may include – limited speeds, data, and bandwidth, or a limited period of unrestricted use.
To enjoy free VPNs then you can access a few servers. This makes it challenging to browse. The limitations on “free” VPNs are usually even more significant and more restrictive.
- You’ll experience busy servers, your connection will regularly drop, and you may have to wait for space on a server to open up.
- And even if you do get on a server, if it’s busy, your connection will be painfully slow, making streaming, torrenting, or anything else that uses lots of data almost impossible.
Important Facts before Using a Free VPN?
We know that Free VPN has many advantages. One of them is that you can easily bypass geo-restrictions put in place by various streaming services. Connecting online via a VPN, you can access a lot more movies and TV shows. Free VPNs have some limitations. Premium paid VPNs are more secure and offer more options. You can enjoy unlimited data, unlimited speeds, proper customer support, and access to streaming services from all over the world.
- Try to avoid anonymous sites to visit and never trust any links to click.
- A VPN can encrypt your data when they have access to your ISP.
- Some VPN do their job perfectly. So, before using any carefully, read all instructions.
- You may consider that these free VPNs protect your online life. But your privacy needs to be covered by you.
- The Virtual Private Network is an encrypted connection between your computer and a server controlled by the VPN company.
- The most secure thing is the ISP has no power to follow your activities. A protected shell hides your actual IP.
The company passes all network activity that protects tunnels. But bear in mind that they won’t be able to see what you are up to. For this reason, the web snoops, advertisers will face a more challenging time tracking you.
No technology is perfect in the digital world. If you visit sites that aren’t using HTTPS, then your IP may be at risk. Before visiting any sites, beware of these facts. I hope you get the most Secure and Fastest list of 15 Best Free Android VPN so that you can select easily as per your needs.
Would you like to enroll: Best Android Emulators