Wondering which is the best app for Tesla owners? If you are looking for a new iPhone app for Tesla car owners that gives you plenty of great features and is especially affordable, then this article is best for you.
Tesla is particularly open with its Tesla API, and although the Tesla API is technically personal, its endpoints are accessible to developers who can re-engineer it to interact directly with the API for an external app that allows them to develop some of the best Tesla apps. Whether you own a new or seasoned Tesla, you can use third-party apps other than the official Tesla Smart app. Developers have jumped at the chance to use the EV maker’s open Tesla API to give drivers a deeper insight into various vehicle-related statistics, identity charging stations, and use operational functions.
In this article, we are going to show you a list of the 7 best iPhone apps for Tesla car owners so you can know exactly what’s the best iPhone apps for your needs and your budget.
7 Best iPhone Apps for Tesla car owners with Features, Pros, and Cons
Whether you own a Tesla for the first time or have been enjoying your electric vehicle for a while, there is always room for Tesla owners to make it even better than they are already using smartphone apps. Moreover, you can use your smartphone to find nearby charging stations, get in-depth statistics about your car, and more. And so, without further ado, here are the top 7 iPhone apps for Tesla car owners.
|Remote S for Tesla||$29.99||10,000+|
|EV Trip Optimizer||Free||10,000+|
|AutoMate for Tesla||Free||1,000,000+|
PlugShare is the world’s largest EV driver community. Users use station reviews and photos to help drivers make the most informed decisions. PlugShare is the most exact and comprehensive public charging map worldwide.
Plugshare’s database includes stations on every significant network in North America and Europe, involving Tesla Supercharger, Blink, Evigo, ChargePoint, Semacharge, GE WaterStation, AeroVironment, RWE, Clever, Andesa, and Enel. On the whole, the database contains about 100,000 charging stations and station photos and about 500,000 station reconsiderations. There are several factors to look for when charging an EV. PlugShare automatically simplifies this by showing you the best charging locations for your route.
The PlugShare app for iOS only takes a few seconds to detect all public charging stations amicable with your Tesla electric vehicle. You can use the app to pay for charging accessible through your phone at sharing locales. PlugShare accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express. All payments are reused securely and incontinently.
When you stumble upon a charging station, not in Plugshare’s database, you can add it by pressing a button to assist fellow Tesla car owners. Every station is rated based on stoner reviews, and community members can report crimes with station rosters to keep the database up to date and accurate. This app also features a community of EV processors. PlugShare app is accessible on Google Play Store with 1 Million downloads and an engaging 4.8 stars standing. PlugShare is available on the Apple app store.
- Use PlugShare with Apple CarPlay to browse near charging and bookmarked points.
- Find convenience options that match the Tesla Supercharger, DC Fast Charger, and other charges.
- View station ratings, real-time availability, photos, and details.
- Add new charging stations as you catch on to them.
- Links to your unique navigation apps to quickly get you to the stations you’re looking for.
- Set up an easy-to-use intelligent filter that lets you view only the stations you like. Compatible with your EV.
- Look forward to seeing if the station you want is open for use (where available).
- Pay to charge the app directly through Pay with PlugShare.
- When a new charging station is installed nearby, turn on notifications that alert you.
- Find all stations along a road travel way with a built-in Eve Trip Planner.
- Examiner Pay with PlugShare charging session from within the app.
- Set up easy-to-use smart filters.
- This app is not only highly convenient but also very secure.
- New features are added all the time.
- The app is free to use, but some additional features only come in premium packages.
2. Remote S for Tesla
The Remote S for Tesla was created by a member of the Tesla community and includes almost every function supported by the Tesla official API. Remote S handles a comprehensive list of remote operations for car unlock/lock, HVAC start/stop, ceiling, temperature, horn blowing, lights flashing, valet mode enabled / disabled, reverse / forward / stop, and more.
This app tries to use the same interface as the Tesla official apps. However, you are responsible for any changes to your car due to using this app. Use of this app may change or alter your vehicle settings, and we are not responsible for any damage to you, your car, or any other object while using this app.
The app is designed to help drivers spend less on charges and view vehicle statistics. It is actively developed and supported with the publication of regular updates. You can download and install the app on all iOS 8.0 devices or later, costing $9.99.
- A fully functional Apple Watch app with car statistics complexity.
- Opens connects, and issues command more quickly than other Tesla apps.
- Aligned commands. Even if your car is asleep, you can close the app after issuing a few commands, and it will still do that.
- View your battery statistics, such as your vehicle’s current/total usable kWh compared to the specified capacity.
- Use no phantom drain or background.
- View total miles/kilowatt-hours added from the last charge session.
- The approximate range is displayed.
- Combine statistics and commands on one screen for quick access to information.
- View and Copy Raw Vehicle Data Returned by Tesla API Server.
- 3D Touch menu for fast commands from the Home Screen.
- Use HomeLink or call if you don’t have one near your car and don’t need the constant press.
- Avoid idle fees from Tesla by setting an in-app alarm that warns you when charging reaches a certain kilowatt or% level.
- Camp / Dog mode allows you to keep HVAC running in the car even when there is no activity.
- Use the remotes: // URL schema with parameters to issue the command.
- Max Cool and Max Hit buttons to fastly send multiple commands to your car to optimize cooling and heating.
- Breadcrumb tracking lets you see the path the car has recently taken.
- Trip statistics show your current MPGe, kWh used, mile travel, kWh per 100 miles, cost savings vs. an internal combustion engine car, car lifetime cost savings, and many more fun statistics.
- Save the trip route in different save slots and compare the distance, kilowatt-hour used, cost, and much more for each route.
- Capability to change passenger and driver temperature independently.
- Show battery/power usage even when not charging.
- This app only communicates directly with the Tesla server when transferring login credentials and commands.
- Our company stores no related information.
TezLab is the most popular app for you and your car. Get insightful drive details, track your drives, charges, and further. Share drives and charges and involve your friends or other Tesla drivers around the world. TezLab is a datalog app for all-electric vehicles, not just for Tesla. This app collects the necessary data from your electric car and presents it in useful graphs and charts for extreme use.
Tezlab shows you every trip and the total miles traveled by your car. The app tracks your Tesla performance and battery loss and recommends better efficiency. Through the Tezlab wireless network, your Tesla can control certain functions such as preheating or air conditioning. Through the Tezlab wireless network, your Tesla can control certain functions such as preheating or air conditioning.
Tezlab has a considerable community of Tesla owners. Using Tezlab, you can share, like, and comment on posts from other Tesla owners. The people of the Tezlab community are lovely. You can challenge your friends and compare your car’s efficiency and mileage.
Available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store with an impressive rating of TazLab 4.7 Star. The app has 10,000 installs in the Play Store. Tezlab is available for free, and it also offers a paid subscription that offers some premium features.
- TezLab uses ElectricityMap, which provides power data.
- Our map gets its tab for advantage.
- You can now view personal charge locations and superchargers and navigate to them directly from the map.
- The Tesla Las Vegas Supercharger, the Link High Roller, is a V3 supercharger station that receives 1.7% of its energy from the Hoover Dam from Solar and 65.6% from Hydro.
- The residual energy mixture is approximately 33% natural gas.
- While parking and/or charging, Pro users can visualize a range of real-world vehicles on the map.
- The vehicle location is now available on the map.
- The data includes average speed, braking pattern, start and stop and much more.
- Tezlab can unlock the car and perform other tasks on the car.
- This app uses some of the same interfaces used by the official EV apps.
- The app is free to use, but some additional features only come in premium packages.
4. EV Trip Optimizer
You will also like the EV Trip Optimizer (EVTO) app for your smartphone. With EVTO, you can plan trips using your smartphone and set up multiple waypoints to charge your car. This is a great way to make sure you take the fastest route to your destination, but there are also spots where you can stop to recharge, so your juices don’t run out on the way.
The EVTO 6 has refined the most popular EV Trip Planner app for phone-sized devices. Plan a trip to your phone with multiple web pages. Explore charging options using charger overlays and let EVTO decide where to charge for you. Save frequently used locations like ‘Home’ to speed up travel planning. EVTO 6 is the only EV trip planner you need, and it is always with you.
EVTO is primarily a subscription-based application for both monthly and annual use. You can try EVTO for one week without undertaking. The free version has everything you need to plan a day trip, and you can subscribe to additional features if needed.
The application considers the features of your vehicle, such as model, battery, charger, wheel, motor, and tires, with your driving style. When planning, the app collects road weather, determines the gain/loss of altitude, and helps you discover the best trip by spending the minimum total time using wind speed, temperature, estimated speed, charging capacity, and your charging status.
This is great because it considers specific information about your car to help you plan your trips, such as model, battery, charger, wheel, motor, and driving style.
- Routing optimized based on time.
- Map-based plan.
- The trip is limited to 500 miles / 800 km.
- Add your own 3 stopovers and charging points.
- Automatic weather forecast for the route.
- Weather power calculation (temperature, wind, road conditions, and rainfall).
- Show details of your trip.
- Help each panel and feature.
- Graph Power (SoC) for distance travel.
- Description of average power consumption per foot.
- See and use non-Tesla chargers on the route (the USA only).
- Create a custom charging waypoint.
- Share the trip with other EVTO 5 Tesla users.
- Complete tutorial and web help.
- Additional optimization by a minimum distance, power, or stop.
- Minimum waypoint stop time.
- Adjust minimum SoC by waypoint.
- Make a round trip (outside and back).
- Save energy on a destination for local travel.
- Multiple car support (up to 5).
- Automatically combine travel on your calendar and car.
- Compare trip with charts and tables.
- Remove trip limitations.
- Make multiple day/route-wide master trips (trip segment).
- Support for power, speed, and towing settings.
- Experimental battery heating features for models S and X.
- Export travel details for use in other programs (CSV).
- Allocate automatic supercharger and charging time.
- Within 24 hours of the current expiration, the account will be charged for the renewal and will indicate the cost of the renewal.
- Save frequently-used locations like ‘Home’ to speed up travel planning.
- The inventor has provided this information and may update it over time.
EVgo is a charging map app that shows maps of electric vehicle charging stations. The Evigo app also shows the live availability of EV Charger. Tesla and other EV owners can save their charging spots through this app. The EVgo app shows your mobile phone’s current battery level and estimated residual charging time.
Currently, EVgo has over 300,000 active user accounts. This app also has a rewards system that gives you points for charging your EV through this app. You can redeem these points for free by charging your electric car.
The EVgo app is free on the iPhone App Store and the Android Play Store. The app has a 4.2-star rating in the Apple Store with many downloads. The EVgo app has 100,000+ downloads on the Android platform, but unfortunately, due to some bugs, it got a 1.2-star rating.
- Easy Login – Log in with phone and text messages or email and password.
- View Site Details – Find parking information, prices, and site images.
- Advanced Search – Search by site hostname, place of interest, and location.
- Filter EV Charging Map: Filter by the connector, charger power, and reserve charger.
- Connect to your car: Scan your VIN to show only EV charging stations compatible with your EV connector plug.
- Customize your profile: Choose notifications, view your charging statistics, and make in-app changes to your account.
- Monitor your charging sessions and find details of essential sessions, such as charging time, charge status, and more.
- Access in-app coupons and get store discounts from participating businesses at your favorite EV charging stations.
- Access fast chargers located within the gated facility using a QR code.
- Get free access for the duration of your EV charging session.
- EVgo charging stations are consistent with all EV connectors.
- Registration is not bettered.
- Lack of better performance.
6. AutoMate for Tesla
Automate is one of the most excellent apps for Tesla owners. This dashboard app has many valuable features that a driver may need while driving. The app’s concise, responsive interface enhances the user experience with valuable functionality.
The Automate app shows real-time traffic data, navigation, and destination routes, including voice output. This app is not just a navigation app; it can make phone calls, play music and reply to messages via voice commands. This app can also perform tasks through gesture instructions. The most helpful feature of this app is the red light and motion camera alert. This feature can prevent you from overspeeding and missing the red signal ticket. So this application is a whole dashboard package for you Tesla. According to the app, you will get the correct information at the right time.
The automated dashboard app is available in the Google Play Store with a 4–star rating and 1 million + downloads. Unfortunately, the app is unavailable for iPhone users. The app is free to use, but some additional features only come in premium packages.
- Set AutoMate as a launcher while running.
- Hands-free command gestures. Gesture on the phone to perform various tasks.
- Traffic and speed camera alerts.
- Day and night themes with customized wallpapers.
- Startup options to make Automate easier to use.
- Lock/Unlock Doors.
- Flash Lights.
- Remote Start/Keyless Driving.
- Valet Mode with Face ID/Touch ID support.
- Speed Limit Process with Face ID/Touch ID support.
- View driver, passenger, and inside temperatures.
- AutoMate requires a paid subscription that can be purchased or renewed through the app.
- A subscription lasts for 1 year.
- A subscription is automatically renewed if automatic renewal is not stopped at least 24 hours before the current expiration.
- The account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the current expiration and indicate the cost of the renewal.
- The user can manage subscriptions, and automatic renewal after purchase can be turned off by going to user account settings.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period it offers will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- This app only communicates directly with the Tesla server when sending login credentials and commands.
- No identifying information is stored on the automated server.
- The author does not guarantee its proper effectiveness.
Teslarati is more than a reliable source of Tesla news on all things; It is a real-time crowd-sourced database of Tesla superchargers and a place where Tesla owners can connect and communicate with each other.
Maybe it’s because Tesla is an attractive vehicle, or perhaps it’s because electric vehicles are, in general, not just a means of transportation, but most Tesla owners want to know what’s happening in the world of electric vehicles and what the future holds for Tesla as a company. Teslarati is a respected source for Tesla- and electric vehicle-related news, reviews, and events. Of course, news of Tesla cars and other electric vehicles usually reaches the mainstream media, but rarely without significant delays.
But if Teslarati were the only news source, it wouldn’t be on our list. A strong community of 50,000 users who have confirmed Tesla’s place on this list, actively participate in community discussions, share new Tesla locations, and are always happy to help first-time Tesla owners get the most out of their cars.
- Discuss Model 3, Model S, Model X, and Tesla everything.
- Stay on top of the latest Tesla news, reviews, and rumors.
- Search nearby Tesla Supercharger and destination charging locations.
- Find fun things to do around nearby restaurants, attractions, WiFi tips, and charging locations as other Tesla owners recommend.
- Interact and engage with other Tesla owners by following their journey.
- Get notified when a new recommendation is added to your favorite Tesla location or if someone is involved with your comment.
- Get notifications when new Tesla superchargers, destination chargers, and stores are available.
- Expand the screen to support iPhone X.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- The app is free to use, but some additional features only come in premium packages.
What app do you need for your Tesla?
The Tesla app for iPhone or Android enables you to remotely monitor and control your Tesla car or Powerwall from your phone. Use your Tesla account’s email address and password to connect to your vehicle or powerwall after downloading and installing the application. First, you need to know the features of your car. Select the driving, Tesla app, and safety features and see which can make it easier for you to drive on the road:
- Software Update
- Voice Commands
- Safety Features
- Dog Mode
- Camp Mode
- Light Show
The availability of features varies depending on the model, configuration and connection plan, and much more. Many features can be added through over-the-air software updates.
How do I connect my Tesla to the app?
The Tesla mobile app lets you communicate remotely with Model 3 using your iPhone or Android phone. Set up the Tesla mobile app to interact with your Model 3:
- Install the Tesla mobile app on your phone.
- Log in to the Tesla Mobile App by entering the credentials of your Tesla account.
- Enable mobile access on your Model 3 by touching Control> Security> Mobile access (see Control).
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth settings and make sure Bluetooth is turned on in your phone’s global settings for the Tesla mobile app. For example, navigate to Settings on your phone, choose the Tesla mobile app, and ensure Bluetooth settings are enabled.
To allow the mobile app to communicate with your vehicle, your phone, and your vehicle must be actively connected to the cellular service. Tesla recommends always having a functional physical key readily available if parking in an area with limited or missing cellular services, such as an indoor parking garage. Tesla does not support using third-party applications to communicate with Model 3.
All the apps discussed here are famous among the electric car owner community. Most of these are great on your phone, allowing you to quickly find nearby charging stations or just the latest and most fantastic Tesla news. This is usually a great way to find out about updates happening for cars. But remember that each application has its limitations and may not provide the exact data as Tesla’s official app does. You can try each app and keep those that match your requirements. Let me know if you think I missed a suitable app or need some updates. Also, share your experience and beloved apps for tesla in the comments.
You Might Also Like
- The 8 Best Financial Apps for iPhone in 2023
- 10 Best Apps for Booking Cheap Flights in 2023
- 9 Best & Cheapest Food Delivery Apps for Restaurants in 2023
- 10 Best Car Rental Apps for Android & iOS in 2023