Do you want to play offline games on your iPhone or iPad? Why do you think you can’t play games on your iPhone or iPad without the internet? If yes, then you are completely wrong. In this article, we will show you the 10 best offline iPhone games so you can play without the internet and have a lot of fun.
A good mobile game can make traveling on a plane or public transit more enjoyable, but for most games, you usually need an internet connection. So whether you are sitting in a waiting room or vacationing in a remote place and there is no internet, you will want an iPhone game that works even if you are offline.
Popular games like PUBG require an active data connection when you go to war and you need the internet to load a Roblox account. That said, there are plenty of games on iOS that you can play offline, and we’ve found a variety. So, here is a list of the best offline iPhone games that you can play on your iPhone or iPad in several popular genres.
10 Best Offline Games for iPhone You Can Play Without Data or WiFi
Playing online games with your iPhone or iPad can be exciting. The adrenaline rush and feel are out of this world, especially since you are playing live with or against other players in different positions.
However, while online games are great, you must have an active internet connection before playing. And if you don’t have access to a WiFi or cellular data plan, you can’t connect to the Internet. What happens when you run out of a data plan or you lose the network signal? Of course, you can’t play, and offline iPhone games are helpful when it comes to fighting boredom and entertaining you.
To make things easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 offline games for iPhones and iPads in 2023 that you can pay for without data or WiFi, and we’ve included a summary of what to expect from each of them. . Here is a list of some of the most popular and best iPhone offline games to play in 2023.
|Best offline games name||Best for||Price|
|Solitaire||Four exclusive themes with four gorgeous cards set||Free|
|Alto’s Adventure||Dynamic lighting and weather effects||$4.99|
|BADLAND 2||A lot of new features, crazy levels, online events, and more stunning graphics||$0.99|
|Ticket to Ride||Passing time with your friends offline||$4.99|
|Civilization VI||Plenty of modes||Free|
|Mini Metro||The fun game simulates planning and running a public transit system||$3.99|
|Real Racing 3||With eye-catching style and fearsome performance||Free|
|New York Times Crossword||Spending your free time||Free|
|Monument Valley||Almost impossibly gorgeous||$3.99|
|GTA San Andreas||Remastered, high-resolution graphics||$6.99|
Solitaire never gets old. This tactical game has been around for ages since the advent of the personal computer. If you’ve ever used a Windows computer and enjoyed playing solitaire, the free iOS version will blow your mind. And if you’ve never played it before, be prepared for a whole new experience with this classic game because the developers have redesigned the solitaire by adding massive and tensive features that make the game even more enjoyable.
The addictive game you’ve been playing on your computer for years is now wherever you go. Whether you know it as Patience, Klondike, or just Solitaire, this popular game is one of the greatest.
The solitaire iOS game has daily challenges for each new day. The goal is to conquer the challenge, but if you find it difficult to win, you can use the winning contract features or customizable options to make them attractive. Once you pass the challenges, you will be remunerated with crowns and trophies. You can play with friends as a single-player, multiplayer, or randomly
programmed AI. You can choose themes for rainy days, spring, Christmas, and many more.
Solitaire subscription is an optional subscription that gives you access to uninterrupted play without any ads, the ability to play future daily challenges, and an exclusive theme.
- Everyday Challenges: Solve new challenges every day and earn crowns and trophies.
- Levels and titles: Earn points every time you play to equalize and earn new titles.
- Winning Deals: Play deals where you know there is at least one winning result.
- Stickers: Send nice feedback stickers to your friends via iMessage.
- Customization: Change your background, card backs, and card face for a personalized experience.
- Show me how to win: Develop your strategy using the “Show Me How to Win” feature.
- Leaderboards and Stats: See how you stack up against other players or try to lose your own high score.
- Custom settings: Play with right or left hand, scoring portrait or landscape, standard or Vegas, and adjust hands to Draw-1 or Draw-3.
- Unlimited hints and Undos.
- No advertising barriers or banners.
- Ability to play daily challenges of the future.
- Four distinct themes with four gorgeous card sets.
- Subscriptions can be terminated by turning off automatic renewal at least 24 hours before the current expiration.
2. Alto’s Adventure
If you’re into a classic endless running game, Alto’s Adventure and its sequel Alto’s Odyssey should be at the top of your list. The physics-based gameplay sets these games apart from other endless running games. Dynamic lighting and weather effects such as fog, rainbows, and thunderstorms make snowboarding a pleasure to play.
Alto Adventure is an infinite runner that will help you fix your skiing. Take control of Alto, ski down the Andes, collect coins and avoid obstacles. Use touch controls to jump, crush, and rack up points by performing tricks. The whole game is played offline, so enjoy your Andean adventure from your subway car. The game never ends, so whenever you wait without Wi-Fi, this game can entertain you.
Alto’s adventure has been a great success since its inception. It is currently ranked 8th in the sports category. Although the game is relatively easy to learn, you have to spend some time mastering it. Filled with about 180 goals, the game ensures that you have a variety of challenges to face.
Moreover, you can invite your friends to compete with you in the battle for supremacy. One of my favorite features of the Alto Adventure is the minimalist design and soothing audio that can help you reduce stress with complete ease. Short story, this is the best offline game you will love playing on your iPhone and iPad.
- Fluid, beautiful, and enjoyable physics-based gameplay.
- Systematically created terrain based on real-world snowboarding.
- Full progressive lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more.
- Easy to learn but hard to master the one-button trick system.
- Chain the combo together to increase points and speed.
- Test your skills with 180 handmade goals.
- Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their special qualities and capabilities.
- Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for the most excellent high score, best distance, and best trick combo.
- Collect the wingsuit from Easel’s Workshop for new gameplay dynamic.
- Beautifully minimalist and stimulating visual design.
- Original music and handicraft audio (headphones recommended) for an ambient and immersive experience.
- Universal app with iCloud support.
- Alto’s Adventure is the endless mature runner.
- It is significantly soothing.
- Every inch of this game is visually impressive and pleasantly charming.
- It’s seriously impressive.
- Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
3. BADLAND 2
Badland 2 combines action and adventure to give players an enjoyable gaming experience. The game is a product of Frogmind Games and was released in December 2015. Badland won Apple’s Game of the Year award in 2016 with over 65 million players worldwide.
BADLAND 2 adds some new mechanics, especially the ability to move your character both left and right, which removes some of the pressure. However, the essence of the game remains. There’s a light online multiplayer mode, but like its predecessor, this game is really offline, on your iPhone, with headphones, and immersed in the experience.
For the game, you must guide a small black shadow character through obstacles, such as machines in the jungle, until they reach their destination. Although Badland costs 0.99, you must enjoy playing this offline game for iPad and iPhone. The award-winning BADLAND has taken the side scrollers to the next level with its innovative physics-based gameplay stunning, atmospheric graphics and audio. BADLAND 2 takes it with many new features, insane levels, online events, and even more stunning graphics than the original.
- Single-player campaign with fabulous dimensions.
- Internet connection is required for multiple players.
- Global Online Challenge.
- Challenge your friends and others at an asynchronous online event.
- Intuitional two-touch control combined with innovative level design.
- Extremely immersive audiovisual gaming experience – best enjoyed with headphones.
- Universal app is optimized for iPhone, iPod, and iPad.
- Game Center and iCloud support.
- Progress synced across all linked iOS devices.
- Acquire online leaderboards.
- 3D touch support.
- Super precise flying using touch.
- Quick action has been added to the single screen and home screen icons for quick access online.
- More levels coming soon as free updates.
- Original BADLAND is one of the most updated iOS games.
- The conquering world of BADLAND expands and scrolls in all directions with even more stunning levels of beauty.
- Fall into deadly cracks, fly in any direction, and run and jump across the surface as a rolling character in your path to safety.
- Challenge your friends and strangers to keep up to date with online events worldwide.
- Race against their best performance and rise in the world rankings.
- Badland 2 is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
4. Ticket to Ride
Now the award-winning board game fits in your pocket.
Ride tickets compete to be the first to connect you and your friend Railroad Barons to the country by train. In this railway adventure, you must be the fastest to connect your cities and reach your destination. The graphics of the virtual train cards you draw and hold are the same as the original board games.
You can play in pass-end-play mode, which lets you take your turn and send it to your friends in front of you, but it’s also the perfect game to play in single mode. Each game takes fifteen to twenty minutes, perfect for spending time on real-life train journeys. In this strategy game for all ages, try different strategies, block the line of your competitors and grab the route before others. Each new game is an equivalent experience, with many different strategies to try.
- A tutorial teaches you the rules of the game so that you can speed up your adventures.
- Play in single-player mode, online multiplayer against the world, or local multiplayer with your friends.
- Moon’s best-selling board game, the official adaptation of Ticket to Ride, has sold over 8 million copies.
- An easy-to-play strategy game.
- No game is ever one; you can play again and again.
- Discover multiple add-ons with particular maps and rules.
- Challenge players worldwide in cross-platform mode.
- The best game to spend time with your friends offline.
- The gameplay is quite exciting.
- The game’s graphics make it playable.
- The game keeps you busy, and you will never be bothered by it.
- Technology on the UK map may no longer be accessible.
5. Civilization VI: Complex Strategy Games
Civilization VI is a turn-based strategy game, that Firaxis Games develop. Civilization VI is the latest installment of the long-running suffrage where you, as the leader of your people, try to rule the world throughout history. What makes it perfect for iOS is that although it takes a long time to create a strategy, it can still be done quickly and takes a little time. In the game, you can use real-world leaders, real names of places, and historical monuments. Local and online multiplayer play is possible, but offline AI campaigns provide ample entertainment while traveling by train or plane.
Using real-world leaders, place names, and historical monuments, Civilization VI is a turn-based game that takes hours but is easy to play in fast time. While you can engage in local and online multiplayer, an offline AI campaign is fun enough for a long subway or plane ride.
- Civilization VI supports cross-platform cloud storage across all your favorite devices.
- When you own Civilization VI on multiple platforms, you can continue playing on compatible save files between the devices of your choice
- Extend your Civilization VI experience across world history with additional leaders, civilizations, and features.
- Expansion of Rising and Fall New Great Era, loyalty, and governor systems expand existing diplomacy and government systems and add a variety of new units, districts, wonders, buildings, and more.
- The Gathering Storm expansion adds new environmental impacts, engineering projects, energy, and consumable resources, the World Congress, and a new diplomatic victory.
- New Frontier Pass introduces 6 new game modes that allow you to play with recruits from history and mythology, dial-up natural disasters in Apocalypse mode, or join secret societies that can improve or weaken your empire.
- Complete your Civilization VI experience with these expansion and additional scenario packs, now available as in-app purchases.
- The game gives you many real-world experiences.
- There are numerous modes where you can play with your friends or play offline in AI campaigns.
- The game has repeated many historical events.
- During the gameplay, you will find many real-world characters and real-world places.
- This game is currently free but has in-app purchases.
6. Mini Metro
Are you a city planner by birth? In the Mini Metro for both the iPhone and iPad, you are tasked with equipping the world’s largest and most diverse cities with an efficient mass transit system. The fun factor is from the start, where you switch and move to a 2D map while checking the underbelly of each city.
The game relies on symbols to show which passengers need to be transported to their respective destinations. It is up to you to connect the station. Every week (time in the game moves differently and is not consistent with real-world time), you will receive new locomotives, lines, tunnels, bridges, or wagons to continue the development of the city’s transportation system.
Here’s an important tip: Always keep an eye on the most important metro stations. The game ends when there is a crowd at any station. The game’s goal is to prevent overcrowding at stations during play, affecting your high score.
In normal mode, the Mini Metro is always eligible to play offline. In “Daily” mode, there is also an online variant where you can compete with players worldwide.
- Random city growth means every game is unique.
- Twenty real-world cities will examine your planning skills.
- A diversity of upgrades so you can customize your network.
- Maps and layouts are simple and beautiful.
- Normal mode for fast-scoring games, endless for relaxation, or extreme for the ultimate challenge.
- Compete against the world in the Daily Challenge every day.
- Colorblind and night mode.
- Responsive soundtrack created by your metro system, engineered by Disasterpiece.
- The fun game simulates the planning and operation of a public transit system.
- Unique achievement, specific to the geography of Nanjing.
- You can draw your lines connecting different stations using maps of real-world cities,
- Mini Metro is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
7. Real Racing 3
This is one of the most intense racing offline games for iOS. Real Racing 3 was released in 2013, giving players a real feel as if they are driving a real car. Although you can enjoy this game offline without an internet connection, you need data if you want to play in multiplayer mode.
Real Racing 3 is an award-winning franchise which sets a new value for mobile racing games. Proud of over 500 million downloads, Real Racing 3 features 19 officially licensed tracks with 40 circuits in 19 real-world locations, a 43-car grid, and more than 250 careful details from manufacturers such as Porsche, Bugatti, Chevrolet, Aston Martin, and Audi. Plus, a hub dedicated to real-time multiplayer, social leaderboards, Formula 1 Grand Prix and championship events, time trials, night racing, and innovative time-shifted Multiplayer (TSM) technology lets you do it anytime, anywhere.
Real Racing 3 has 40 circuits in 18 different real-world animated locations and more than 200 powerful cars from leading manufacturers such as Audi, Ferrari, Bugatti, Porsche, etc. This app offers in-app purchases. You can not enable in-app purchases using your device settings.
- Choose from over 250 car wheels from manufacturers like Ford, Aston Martin, McLaren, Koenigsegg, and Pagani.
- Burn the rubber on 19 real tracks in multiple configurations from the world’s top venues, including Silverstone, Hockenheimring, Le Mans, Dubai Autodrome, Yas Marina, Circuit of the Americas, and more.
- Fight with friends and rivals in Global 8-Player, Cross-Platform, Real-Time Racing. Or participate in any competition to challenge their AI-controlled version in Time-Shipped Multiplayer 7.
- Competed in more than 4,000 events, including the Formula 1 Grand Prix, the Cup Race, and the Elimination and Endurance Challenge. Watch the action from multiple camera angles and fine-tune the HUD and controls to your liking.
- Powered by the fantastic Mint™ 3 engine, Real Racing 3 features detailed car damage, fully functional rearview mirrors, and dynamic reflections for true HD racing.
- With eye-catching style and ferocious performance, the new Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 brings the C8 line to new heights. Earn the Chevy, Bentley Continental GT3, and Ferrari F40 LM in three all-new Limited Series
- It is a resource-severe game featuring extremely high-quality visuals.
- You can revoke your consent anytime by removing or disabling this app.
- Completely upgrade the Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 and Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS to unlock two new exclusive series.
- Some of these updates and upgrades may affect app-related preferences or data stored on your device.
8. New York Times Crossword
The daily crossword puzzles are set to a high standard by New York Times crossword editor Will Shortz With the New York Times Crossword app; you can access the latest crossword puzzle every day, as well as the entire past archive. The app offers puzzles for each level to continuously improve your skills.
Apart from puzzles, the app also includes many other features. The stats page lets you track your streaks, and the archive enables you to do past puzzles or buy special crossword packs.
A crossword subscription can be purchased separately or as a New York Times digital subscription. Mini crosswords aren’t as fun as full crosswords, so you’ll only be able to access them if you don’t subscribe. You can set unlimited crosswords for offline play later, even if you don’t have internet access to download.
A subscription to New York Times Games does not include entry to any other New York Times products, including but not limited to nytimes.com, New York Times Cooking, Wirecutter, mobile information content, and other applications on non-iOS devices.
- Our crossword app has no ads to interrupt the fun, so you can play without distraction.
- Looking for a classic word game? In our app, customers can play the same puzzles printed daily in the New York Times newspaper. This puzzle increases in difficulty from Monday to Saturday, so we have something for all of us.
- Play Spelling Bee and look at how many words you can make with 7 letters. Play Spelling Bee at your own pace all day long. New spell bee puzzles are available every day.
- Daily Mini is all fun with our iconic crossword puzzle, but you can solve it in seconds. These word games do not increase the weekly difficulty and feature simple formulas.
- Start a friendly competition with our Mini Leaderboards. Add up to 25 friends to watch who can solve today’s mini-puzzle the fastest.
- Sharpen your skills with thousands of word games. Customers can access our archive of over 10,000 editions of The Crossword and over 2,000 mini crossword puzzles.
- Track your progress with crossword performance statistics. Monitor your average solution time, see how many puzzles you can solve in a row, or improve your solution rate.
- Best gaming to spend your free time.
- The game helps you sharpen your brain and memory.
- In-app purchases can enhance the gameplay to a great extent.
- After the trial is over, you can purchase a monthly or annual New York Times Games subscription.
9. Monument Valley
Have you ever seen one of those improbable paintings by M. C. Escher and wanted to explore them? This is the complete premise of Monument Valley, an indie puzzle game made with the Unity engine. In Monument Valley, you will exploit the impossible architecture and guide a silent princess through a stunningly beautiful world. It is a surreal exploration through imaginative architecture and impossible geometry.
Monument Valley is a particularly interesting game. In the game, you play Princess Ida, who travels through puzzles and illusions while solving puzzles. Throughout the game, you have the ability to change the perspective through which you view the screen which helps you unlock new ways to get out of mazes and illusions. You play as Ro, a little girl wandering through colorful buildings and solving complex puzzles. Your primary tool is the ability to change your screen perspective, which unlocks new paths.
Beautiful visuals and mysterious settings make this game one of the most thrilling and immersive experiences on your phone, and you can play it completely offline. You will not ever have to use the internet again. It is currently ranked #7 on the App Store under the Puzzle category. Monument Valley is designed for iPhone 4 and up. It is not suitable for iPod Touch 4th generation.
- Inspired by minimalist 3D designs, visual illusions, and palaces and temples from worldwide, each monument is a unique, handcrafted world to search.
- Twist and drag to revamp the world and help Ida explore. Designed to be simple for everyone to pick up, enjoy, and complete.
- Audio responds to your manipulation of the world, providing a surreal and beautiful soundscape. Best experienced with headphones.
- Synchronize your games across all your devices.
- Monument Valley hangs in the balance with its serenity. Every screen is an action of art.
- Almost impossible beautiful.
- Ease to use
- Sound is good
- This game offers in-app purchases and nowadays costs $3.99.
10. GTA San Andreas
See, GTA San Andreas doesn’t need to be introduced to someone who hasn’t lived under a huge rock for the better part of the last decade. One of the best games in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, San Andreas is the accurate place for all your Shenanigans. And available on GTA San Andreas iPhone, it is one of the best offline iPhone games for everyone.
Rockstar Games Mobile has brought its biggest release to the state of San Andreas and its three major cities – Los Santos, San Fiero, and Las Venturas with a vast open world with enhanced visual fidelity and over 70 hours of gameplay.
You play as Carl Johnson when you return to San Andreas after a family disaster, and as always in GTA, trouble follows you around a reasonably large map. I’m not going to pretend that you need to be reminded of the story of this iconic title, so if you’re looking for the best game to play on your iPhone while offline, go ahead and purchase GTA San Andreas.
- Remastered, high-resolution graphics developed specifically for mobile include improved lighting, a richer color palette, and improved character models.
- iPhone 5 series and iPad 4th gen and above are enhanced with dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections.
- Physical controller support for all made-for iOS controllers.
- Cloud save support for Rockstar Social Club members to play across all your iOS devices.
- Dual analog stick controls for full camera and activity control.
- Customizable controls with three different control schemes and contextual options display buttons only when needed.
- It is a rockstar game
- With different battle styles.
- Fat and muscle stats.
- Achieving the capability of dual-powered specific weapons.
- Local co-op.
- Hiring gang members to follow the player.
- The Island restrictions make no sense in GTA San Andreas (Image via Follow That, YouTube).
- GTA San Andreas is notorious for its lack of backstory.
Why do we need offline games?
There are situations when our smartphones are offline. For example, we go offline intentionally because we want to escape the stress of social media, WhatsApp messages, news, or even work emails. However, it is not uncommon to encounter situations where we are not offline.
Taking a train on a metro or subway system is one situation where we want to avoid dropping LTE connectivity (let alone a 5G network) or getting bill shock when we go back for a holiday abroad. If you want to be able to use your smartphone without a data connection in such situations, it makes perfect sense to have apps that work offline. This becomes more important as long as you have to go without an internet connection.
This article will include recommendations for games that work perfectly well offline. Note that this does not mean that these headlines will never access the Internet. Some have cloud features like Google Play, or you need to download new dimensions on demand.
Is GTA San Andreas good?
Even 17 years after its original release, San Andreas stands proudly as one of the best games Rockstar has ever made. It embraced the other two games in the trilogy in terms of quality and impact, rising to the top as the best of the three. If one can choose only one game from the trilogy to play, then Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the obvious choice.
Is Alto’s Adventure worth it?
Alto’s Adventure is a beautiful endless runner. The snow-capped mountains are beautiful, and the sun goes down and rises while climbing alto or the chosen character. Even the weather changes with the help of glorious light, scattering light in the night sky, or light rain in the mountains. The game itself presents new challenges to keep players involved. The more strategies they complete, the more points they will earn; The more levels they win, the more remarkable things they can do, including unlocking characters with new abilities and combining strategies. With 180 objectives, it invites extended play. For the most part, the controls are correct, but not one tap will be registered at a time, resulting in a crash. Also, sometimes tricks are completed in previous levels before they count toward an original objective. For example, you can do a double backflip at level three, but that’s not an official goal until level four. Overall, Alto’s Adventure is a transporting adventure that will keep players engrossed day in and day out.
We’ve covered some of the best games you can enjoy offline on iOS, so you don’t have to rely on data to find a way to spend time. You will never be bothered with these 10 best offline iPhone games even when you have finished your cellular data plans. However, while most games are free to play, some require money and in-app purchases.
If you want to play offline games on your iPhone but still want to have fun with your friends, iPhone party games suitable for a group meeting in person are the best thing you can use.
If you’ve been playing an interesting offline iOS game that doesn’t require WiFi or a data plan, feel free to share your recommendations in the comments box below.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Setups of 2023
- The 7 Best GPU Coolers in 2023 – Buying Guide!
- Top 20 Games Like World of Warcraft (WoW)
- 15 Best Games like Roblox Fun To Play