Having an extra battery makes you less worry about your phone if you are out or camping. Nowadays, phones are designed in a sealed and compact body. So, it can be challenging for you to find a phone with removable batteries on your own.
Not many manufacturers produce phones with removable batteries anymore. Yet some do. You may be wondering what brands still provide phones with removable batteries. In this article, we have listed the best ten phones with removable batteries.
- LG V20– Best for premium performance within the budget
- Moto E4– Best for massive battery life
- LG V10– Best for decent and quality Screen
- BLU Studio Mini- Best for impressive camera
- BLU Vivo X5– Best for battery life
- Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro– Best for water resistance
- Samsung Galaxy S5– Best for fingerprint
- Nokia 2.2– Best for top-notch display feature
- Motorola Moto E6s– Best for multitasking
- Nokia 1 Plus– Best for low-cost android OS
Why Need a Phone With a Removable Battery?
There are many advantages to using phones with a removable battery. Moreover, they have advantages over today’s phones. You can take the battery out and then place it back inside while giving a reset to your phone.
You can also have an extra battery if your battery gets damaged or your phone is dead. Having another battery is a life savior. This is more reliable than using a power bank or charger.
The most important thing is you can easily remove the battery. It doesn’t make a hassle while removing the battery. Just remove them out and get a new one in. Phones with a removable battery can be helpful to avoid water damage on your phone. You can also minimize water damage inside your cellphone using a removable battery.
Why Should you Choose Phones with Removable Batteries over Phones with Non-removable Batteries?
Phones with a removable battery are durable and comfortable to use compared to phones with non-removable batteries. The built-in batteries are more likely to water damage, and you cannot easily replace them. Moreover, you don’t get a spare battery to replace them.
- All the new software can be seen in more recent generations of phones.
- That’s why phones with removable batteries are not seen everywhere nowadays.
- A non-removable battery provides a slim figure to the phones and a much more compact design.
If you want a budget-friendly mobile that will last long, you should choose a phone with a removable battery. It will provide you durability along with the upgraded software you need.
Phones with Removable Battery
The LG V20 is another best Android phone with a removable battery. The phone dominated the market with new technology in 2016. Still now, the phone is much capable and powerful enough to fit with the latest technology. It is an entire metal aluminum body, a 5.7 inches IPS screen display, corning gorilla 4, a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820, Adreno 530, internal storage of either 32 or 64 GB, and 4 GB RAM.
The phone features a 3 camera with one being a selfie. You can expand the internal storage via a MicroSD card and has a removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery. There is no waterproofing on board, but the LG V20 says they have a MIL-STD-810G certification for durability.
- Unlocked for all GSM Carriers Worldwide. The phone is not compatible with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless and Sprint.
- 16MP+8MP with Wide-Angle Lens cameras
- 5.7-inch Quad-HD display
- Powerful Quad-core Processor with 820 Chipset
- 3,200 mAh (Removable) Battery
- 64GB Internal Memory + microSD Card
- Premium performance within this budget and excellent audio quality
- Attractive screen
- Come with Nougat
- Dual-camera system is not so good
- Not waterproof
Motorola E4 is one of the best Android phones with removable batteries that Motorola ever released. This handset has a removable 2800mAh battery—the phone costs under $100. The price is much lower than today’s standard.
The phone’s screen display is 5’’, MT6737 quad-core processor, 16GB internal storage, 2GB RAM, and the storage can be expanded to 128GB via MicroSD card. As a first-time user, the phone can be one of the best choices according to today’s technology.
- Fast 4G LTE speed, 2 GB RAM with 16 GB internal memory with a MicroSD card
- 5″ HD display with a water-repellent screen
- 5 MP+8 MP rear-facing camera with flash
- Fingerprint sensor to unlock the phone
- Massive Battery.
- Gorilla Glass protects the Screen.
- The front and Rear cameras both have flash.
- Both of the camera performance is quite good
- Doesn’t have a full HD display
- Heavier device
Another model from LG is the LG V10. It may seem inferior to V20, but V10 is still a reliable phone with a removable battery because of its selling price and budget-friendly phones. It has a removable 3000mAh battery. The storage can be expanded up to 256GBby using a MicroSD card.
The LG V10processor is one of the top of the line 20nm processors back then and Adreno 418 GPU. According to design, the V10 is durable and more of a rugged Android phone with a removable battery. It is made of a solid metal frame and stainless steel sides.
- A removable 3000mAh battery.
- Storage can be expanded up to 256GB.
- Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 Hexa-core processor.
- Made of a solid metal frame and stainless steel sides.
- Supports standard 80-degree selfies and 120-degree wide-angle shots.
- Decent and quality screen.
- Fingerprint sensor.
- Storage can be expanded.
- The phone is big and heavy.
BLU Studio Mini
The BLU Studio Mini is a stylish, budget-friendly Android phone with a removable battery. The phone is best for people who don’t want to spend much on their phones. It comes with a 5.5-inch display. The storage of the phone is 2 GB of memory with 32 GB of built-in storage. This is a good deal with this budget.
The removable battery is 3,000 mAh and is different from other batteries. This gives more battery life than other phones. The 13 MP camera is also very impressive compared to other budget smartphones. The phone is a budget-friendly phone with a removable battery, so you won’t get all the features that other phones could provide you with.
- 5.5″ HD Glass Display
- 13MP+8MP camera
- 32GB Internal memory
- 2GB RAM
- 3,000mAh Battery.
- 4G LTE
- The phone’s sensors include Accelerometer and proximity
- Camera is impressive
- You might be frustrated because of the battery life
BLU Vivo X5
The Vivo X5 is another model from BLU. This could be a better option for phones with a removable battery considering the outlook and style. Being an android phone with a removable battery, the phone is quite slim and sleek. The display size and resolution are also pretty good, even compared to non-removable battery phones.
Photo Courtesy: Amazon
Its chipset is top of the line to use multiple apps simultaneously, and it won’t be a hassle. The phone is good at multitasking. Moreover, the battery on the phone is 4,000 mAh which makes it superior to the studio mini. You can use the phone for hours, and you don’t need to worry about the battery.
- SIM Card Slot Dual-SIM
- Provides impressive display and good quality photos
- It is a quite slim and sleek phone
- 4,000 mAh removable battery
- Impressive battery life
- Includes fingerprint for extra privacy
- You can get a better handset at the same price
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro
It’s challenging to find a suitable option while choosing a phone with a removable battery. Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro can be one of the best options among them. The android phone features an excellent Full HD display, mid-range processor, exceptional resolution of cameras, and a large removable battery.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro may seem a little expensive than the other budget phones. But this is one of the decent and rugged phones with removable batteries out there. You can grab this phone if you can spend a little more. This rugged phone with a removable battery comes with an IP68 rating for dust- and water resistance and a certificate for impact resistance.
- Full HD display
- mid-range processor
- amazing resolution of cameras
- a large removable battery
- Impressive 6.3 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display
- Expandable internal storage
- Water resistance
- Made of glass and aluminum frame
- Fast charging support
Samsung Galaxy S5
The S5 is the last model in the Galaxy S that is an android with a removable battery. This model also features odd water-proofing technology. A 2800mAh replaceable battery powers the S5, and it sits nicely in the phone.
The phone also includes a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display and a Snapdragon 801 SoC. The RAM is 2GB, and the internal storage is 16GB, and you can expand it if you need more. Galaxy S5 camera is a single 16MP rear sensor and a 2MP front shooter.
- 5.1inch Super Touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 3
- Internal Memory: 16GB, 2GB RAM
- 16 Megapixel Camera+2 Megapixel Front Camera
- Removable Lithium-Ion 2800 mAh Battery
- Long-lasting battery
- Impressive screen
- Includes fingerprint scanner
- Water and dustproof
- Setup is not good
- Price is high
Nokia 2.2 dominated the market of smartphones before. This device featured the latest technology available in 2019. The brand may not look as stylish as today’s model; still, this is one of the best phones with removable batteries on our list.
The Nokia 2.2 provides a 5.7 inches display screen, A22 quad-core processor, 32 GB, 2 GB ROM, and you can expand MicroSD up to 400 GB. The battery is a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
- Clean and smooth user experience
- Two years of guaranteed Android software updates
- Dedicated Google Assistant button
- 5.71″ HD+ screen with a 19: 9 ratio
- Improved low light images
- 13 MP+5 MP camera.
- The display feature is top-notch
- The processor is good according to its price
- Smoother and lightweight
- Face lock is available
- The front camera doesn’t provide good quality photos
Motorola Moto E6s
Motorola’s E6s is one of the newest phones with removable batteries. It features an Helio P22 processor. The internal storage is 2GB of RAM+32GB of ROM. Motorola’s Moto e6s depend on a 6.1-inch HD+ display. With 13MP and 2MP cameras or the 5MP selfie shooter, you’ll get some fantastic photos. Motorola’s removable battery is 3,000mAh, and it is a suitable option compared to many competitors.
- 6.1-inch, HD+ display
- MediaTek Helio P22 chipset
- 2GB+32GB ROM
- 13+2MP Camera
- 3,000mAh removable battery
- Big and impressive screen
- Can do multitasking.
- Fingerprint sensor
- Mid-tier games can be played without a hassle
- Clean UI
- Low response performance
- No corning glass protection
Nokia 1 Plus
Nokia 1 Plus was recently launched last March 2019, and it is one of the best android mobile phones. It provides a 5.45 inches IPS display, Mediatek MT6739WW quad-core processor, 8/16 GB storage, and a card slot for microSD. The battery is 2500mAH. The body is made of mostly plastic, and the display doesn’t have gorilla glass.
- 5.45″ Display
- 8 MP+5MP Camera
- Provides ‘beautify,’ enhancing natural features to capture your best side
- a seamless polycarbonate shell with a Flawless finish
- Low-cost Android OS.
- Applications for optimized performance.
- Comfortable to handle
- A smartphone with basic features.
- Screen resolution is not good
- Camera performance is average
As the list above clarifies, it is tough to find a modern phone with a removable battery. Phones with a removable battery are a rare thing now. But luckily, there are plenty of options. We have created a whole list of android phones with removable batteries. If you want a phone to last long but don’t want to spend so much money on it, then you should consider a phone with a removable battery. There are many advantages with phones with removable batteries over non-removable phones.
Would you want to read: 15 Best Dual Sim Android Phones