Are you looking for the best cheap smartwatch under $100? If yes, then you are in the right place. We are going to show you the best smartwatches under $100.
The best cheap smartwatches can help you stay connected without spending too much on something you wear on your wrist. Like the best smartwatches, these budget models offer features like smartphone notifications and some fitness tracking capabilities like GPS and a heart rate monitor.
As this technology grows in popularity and more companies make these devices, the supply/demand formula works in your favor. The applications made available by smartwatches have been continuously upgraded year after year over the past decade. With more choices in the market, the prices go down.
Not everyone can easily drop several hundred dollars on a smartwatch. So we’ve spent a little time researching for you and found some smartwatches under $100 that will give you the edge over the pricier models.
The 7 Best Cheap Smartwatches in 2022 You Can Buy Today
Several of the best cheap smartwatches are older versions of other models. So while they may not have all the latest features (their screens may be a little smaller, and some of their sensors aren’t cutting edge) they were probably considered the best smartwatches when they first came out and are still pretty good.
Our picks for the best cheap smartwatch range under $100. See all of the best cheap smartwatches below.
|Best smartwatch||Best for||Ratings (out of 5)||Price|
|Xiaomi Redmi Watch 2 Lite||Screen size, resolution, features, color options, body protection||4.4||Check price|
|Amazfit GTS||Correctly blends everything you’d want from a typical digital clock and an extensive fitness tracker.||4.3||Check price|
|Fitbit Versa 2||Good battery life, an attractive design, and sleep tracking.||4.2||Check price|
|Amazfit Bip U Pro||It comes to suitability and health-related features with the inclusion of heart rate, SpO2, sleep, breathing tracking, and a lot of.||4.1||Check price|
|Popglory Smartwatch||An interactive touch-screen interface, heart rate/GPS/sleep tracker, SpO2 blood oxygen sensors, blood pressure sensors||4||Check price|
|Pebble Time Smartwatch||Simple design, water resistant, plenty of apps and watch faces, decent battery life||4.2||Check price|
|Garmin Vivosmart||Water resistant and long battery life span||4.3||Check price|
Redmi Watch 2 Lite is one of the best-selling smartwatches in Redmi history. It is a 1.55-inch smartwatch with many quality features. Its most attractive feature is its lightweight body which is easy to carry. If we talk about its battery segment, it comes with a 262mAh battery which is a bit disappointing.
As for smartwatch features, you can get notifications, the ability to download watch faces, control music playing on your phone, and see weather updates. While it has its sluggish moments when interacting with the screen, it’s a piece of software that easily gets caught up.
In terms of tracking your fitness, there is support for a heart rate monitor, blood oxygen monitoring, and GPS. It covers swim tracks here too, with 5ATM water resistance.
The Redmi Watch 2 Lite really impressed us in our tests, but for US readers, availability is tricky. There is no official release, as we have seen in the UK/Europe.
- Brand: Xiaomi
- Color: Black
- Screen Size: 1.55 Inches
- Special Feature: GPS
- Shape: Square
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Battery Life: 10.0, 5.0 days
- Battery capacity: 262 mAh
- Connectivity Technology: Bluetooth
- Water Resistance Level: Waterproof
- Sport: Yoga, Fitness
- Switch freely between 100+ watch faces: multiple trendsetting combinations to match your mood and outfit of the day.
- 100+ workout modes track your workouts like an expert: 17 professional modes, including HIIT and yoga, to help you achieve your fitness goals. 100 enhanced workout modes that offer you more options.
- High-precision GPS chip. Supports four major global positioning systems: Built-in GNSS chipset comes with improved performance for more precise position tracking. All four main worldwide positioning systems – GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BDS – are supported.
- Blood Oxygen Measurement: The blood oxygen saturation (SpO₂) level indicates the amount of oxygen in the blood. Get a SpO₂ measurement anytime, anywhere for peace of mind. Supports continuous SpO₂ tracking during sleep.
- Sleep Monitoring: Monitors your sleep 24 hours a day and provides detailed reports on deep sleep, light sleep, and REM* stages to help you find out what’s happening during your sleep.
- 24-Hour Heart Rate Tracking: Built-in high-legibility PPG sensor to track your 24 hours heart rate. Sends alerts when abnormal heartbeats are detected.
- 5 ATM water resistance: shower and pool wearable.
- Good For Screen size.
- Good For resolution.
- Good for Features.
- Good For Color Options.
- Good for body protection.
- Bad For Battery life.
- Bad For heavyweight.
2. Amazfit GTS
Amazfit GTS comes with a top-class high-resolution screen that offers a pixel density of 341 PPI. The screen resolution is 348 x 442 pixels and brings unprecedented clarity.
The screen of the smartwatch is an AMOLED display that is customized to 1.65 inches which takes three precision colors to display. The display is protected by 2.5D curved glass and the thickness is reduced to 9.4mm.
The smartwatch is available with a modular analog watch face that lets you focus on the central time pointer. The device comes with 17 options to choose from and they can be customized.
The device is 5ATM water-resistant and dust-resistant. It is equipped with an innovative BioTracker PPG sensor and supports 12 sports modes.
The smartwatch is connected to GPS and the battery life of the watch is 14 days. The colors are clear and vibrant providing a crystal-clear experience. Whether you’re on vacation or on a business trip, you don’t have to worry about the battery draining quickly.
Amazfit GTS allows you to do multiple sports like outdoor running, treadmill, elliptical training, or any other exercise or sport.
- Brand: Amazfit
- Model Name: GTS
- Style: GTS
- Color: Desert Gold
- Screen Size: 1.65
- Remarkable Features: Time display, sleep monitor, distance tracker, GPS, pedometer, calorie tracker, notifications, heart rate monitor
- Compatible Devices: Google Android, Apple iOS
- Competent Phone Models: Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 and above
- Band Material Type: Silicon
- Battery Capacity: 220mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Waterproof: 5 ATM
- Fitness, heart rate, and sleep tracker: The Amazfit GTS fitness smartwatch’s precise optical heart rate monitoring allows you to accurately track real-time steps taken, all-day heart rate monitoring, distance traveled, calories burned, sleep multiplication, and sleeping patterns.
- 1.65″ AMOLED always on display: Amazfit GTS has a customized 1.65-inch AMOLED always-on stylish square screen which provides a bigger display area than a ringed watch face of the same width, so it can carry more information.
- 14-Day Battery Life: Our smartwatch deeply optimizes the energy consumption of components to deliver 14 days of long-lasting endurance while keeping a slim watch body, enabling you to avoid frequent charges.
- Bluetooth Music Control: Bluetooth music control lets you control music directly from your GTS smartwatch while you work without taking out your phone.
- 5 ATM Water Resistant: Amazfit GTS is water resistant to a depth of 50 meters and supports different swimming scenarios. It can automatically identify your swimming location and record data such as SWOLF, speed, or calorie consumption.
- Elegant design and excellent display.
- Great for fitness tracking.
- Mature and refined software.
- Bluetooth calling is an added benefit.
- Battery backup is below average.
Fitbit’s Versa 2 makes slight changes to the original Versa, with an AMOLED display and built-in Alexa. Fitbit’s smartwatch offers all the features we loved on the original Versa, such as accurate heart-rate tracking, long battery life, a color touchscreen display, and in-depth sleep analysis. That’s why the Versa 2 made our list of the best cheap smartwatches and one of the best Fitbit devices you can buy yet.
Using the built-in voice controls to check the weather, set reminders and more from your smartwatch may require third-party accounts and apps. Based on your heart rate, sleep time, restlessness, and breathing, the Sleep Score helps you better understand the quality of your sleep each night. Monitor your Spotify app and add Deezer playlists – plus store and play 300+ songs on your wrist.
This Versa doesn’t have onboard GPS like the new Fitbit Versa 3, which would make it a more capable Apple Watch competitor, and its app store isn’t as stocked as Apple’s. But with five-day battery life, cross-platform consistency, a reasonable price, and sophisticated sleep-tracking features, the Versa 2 is a difficult smartwatch for most people.
- Brand: Fitbit
- Series: Versa 2(NFC) Petal/Copper Rose
- Style: Modern
- Color: Petal/Copper Rose
- Screen Size: 1.34 Inches
- Operating System: Android
- Battery capacity: 165 mAh
- Battery life: Up to 4 days
- Use the built-in Amazon Alexa to quickly get news, information and weather, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices, and more – just by talking to your watch; Based on your heart rate, sleep time, restlessness and breathing, the score helps you better understand the quality of your sleep each night. Also track your time in light, profound, and REM sleep periods.
- Use 24/7 heart rate tracking to better track calorie burn, optimize effort during workouts, see your resting heart rate trend and cardio fitness level in the Fitbit app; Store and play 300+ songs – plus control Spotify from your wrist.
- With a larger display and an always-on option, your information is always at a quick glance. Always-on displays require more frequent charging.
- Get notifications for calls, texts, calendar events, and apps like Gmail and Facebook – plus send fast replies using your voice. Works if your phone is nearby. Quick Answers on Android only; Get 6+ days of battery life on a single charge. Varies with usage and other factors.
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone; Included components: 1x device, 1x instruction manual, 1x spare strap, 1x charging cable; Human interface input: touch screen.
- Good battery life.
- Attractive design.
- Customized training programs (via subscription).
- Sleep tracking.
- Lacks on-board GPS.
- Alexa works inconsistently.
The Amazfit Bip U Pro is the best cheap smartwatch if you’re limited to under $100. The brand is known for its reliable and well-built affordable smartwatches, so you can count on their best sellers to see you through your daily activity tracking needs.
This particular model is an improved version of the very popular Bip U. And, for a budget smartwatch, it comes with some great features, including built-in GPS for outdoor tracking and a voice assistant with Amazon Alexa integration. In fact, it’s one of the few budget wearables that has GPS. Amazfit didn’t add it just to have it. During our testing, we found that GPS tracking on this watch works beautifully, giving accurate results.
This may be the most important addition to this update, but there are many others worth mentioning. It has many fitness and health features such as heart rate, SpO2, sleep, and respiration tracking as well as over 60 workouts and activities and a camera shutter.
- Brand: Amazfit
- Model Name: Bip U Pro
- Style: Regular
- Color: Green
- Screen Size 1.43 Inches
- Operating System: WatchOS 3, watchOS 4, watchOS 1, watchOS 2, watchOS 5
- Compatible Devices: Tablet, Smartphone
- Display Type: Digital
- Color Screen: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Heart rate monitor: Yes
- Battery Average Life: 9 Days
- Super Lightweight Design: Amazfit Bip U Pro weighs only 31 grams. An ultra-lightweight design that you can barely feel when you’re striving for maximum performance.
- User-friendly design: It’s super light weighing 31g with a 1.43″ large color touch screen that lets you enjoy a wide and clear view. The 320×302 pixel resolution creates a great visual display, making all incoming calls, messages, and reminders super clear.
- More Health Tracking Metrics: Amazfit Beep U Pro Fitness Smartwatch Precise optical monitoring lets you accurately track heart rate, blood oxygen levels, stress levels, breathing, sleep quality, and sleep patterns.
- Smart Notifications: Get a smart little friend to remind you of incoming calls, text messages, apps and calendars, alarm clocks, weather forecasts and smartphone music, and camera controls.
- Built-in GPS: Amazfit Bip U Pro is decorated with built-in GPS and GLONASS to track daily step calculation, distance traveled and calories burned.
- Built-in GPS.
- Precise sleep tracking.
- Value for money.
- App sync issue.
- Notification management.
- Alexa isn’t very useful.
The PopGlory smartwatch offers everything you want from a fitness-tracking smartwatch. It features a perfect design using a viable reinforced rubber band that connects to a smooth interactive screen interface. The screen is also customizable with a wide range of background wallpapers.
Design aside, the PopGlory smartwatch has a surprising number of capabilities. It comes with 7 preprogrammed sports modes that work with walking and running, jump rope, cycling, badminton, football, and basketball. After you finish exercising, you can connect to the HeroBand III mobile app to track your: calories burned, total distance traveled, heart rate, number of steps, blood pressure, and SpO2 blood oxygen saturation.
When you’re not exercising, you can use this fitness tracker to find your phone, keep time, control your music, check your texts, or even check the weather.
- Brand: Popglory
- Style: Modern
- Color: Black
- Special Feature: Time Display, Notifications, Heart Rate Monitor, Blood Pressure Monitor, Sedentary Reminder, Sleep Monitor, Pedometer, Text Messaging, Calorie Tracker
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Compatible Phone Models: iOS 9.0 & above and Android 4.4 & above smartphones
- Band Color: Black
- Operating System: Android, iOS
- Battery Life: 10 days
- Monitor blood pressure and blood oxygen: Adopting advanced sensors, the watch can detect your blood pressure and blood oxygen while recording data on its companion app HeroBandⅢ, helping you better know your body changes. The weight of the watch body is 44 grams. Tip: Please download the latest version of HeroBandⅢ for better usage.
- Full-touch screen & exclusive Wallpapers: Easily switch your look from one to another with the latest collection of watch faces, plus you can customize the watch face and create your style. The full touch screen brings you a better interactive experience, offering quick access to workout data.
- Perfect personal partner: Stay connected with calls, texts, and other app notifications and advantageous tools like timer, stopwatch, wrist sense, DND mode, search phone, sedentary reminder, music control, and weather display.
- Life and fitness companion: The smartwatch with 7 sports modes records your all-day activity including steps, distance, calories, sleep status, and heart rate. It shows your periods of deep sleep, light sleep, and wakefulness.
- Wide compatibility and long battery life: The sport watch is compatible with iOS 9.0, Android 4.4, and above smartphones. Up to 10 use times and 30+ standby can keep you organized and productive all day long. Understand your fitness, sleep quality, and heart health now with the HeroBandⅢ app.
- Blood pressure and blood oxygen monitoring with advanced sensors.
- Full touch screen with customizable watch faces.
- Easy to use a watch with intuitive operation.
- Limited apps.
The best interface for a great smartwatch is time. Pebble Time’s new timeline interface respects what busy people want to Get. Pebble Time lets you act now, reflect on the past, and look into the future.
You can’t talk about high-quality yet affordable smartwatches and don’t mention Pebble Time Smartwatch. One outstanding feature of the pebble Time Smartwatch that beats all the rest is its simplicity. I can’t emphasize this to the best of my knowledge.
However, if you’re looking for an ordinary, fantastic, nice looking but inexpensive smartwatch then you should give this smartwatch a shot. The pebble time smartwatch has got a color smart display and is water resistant, implying that you can wear the watch even in showers or the rain.
The smartwatch has got excellent modest battery life. I used the smartwatch to play some music for 4-5 hours and still I had 75% left. Still, it goes without saying that the battery timing is good. Finally, the Pebble Time smartwatch has got more than what you would expect from a watch of such a price. A watch is a great option for people who are looking for the best smartwatch under $100.
- Brand: Pebble
- Model Name: FBA_148335
- Color: Red
- Screen Size: 1.375
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Display Type: LED-backlit, Color e-paper display
- Compatible Phone Models: Apple iPhone 4S
- Band Material Type: Silicone
- Band Color: Red
- Battery Life: Up to 7 Days
- Notifications at a glance: Calendar events, texts and emails, incoming calls, and more.
- Pebble Health includes a built-in activity and sleep tracker with daily reports and weekly insights.
- Built-in microphone for voice notes and quick replies (Voice replies work with AT&T iPhone accounts and most Android apps including SMS, Hangouts, Gmail, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, and hundreds more. iOS voice features will be available for other carriers in future software updates).
- 9.5 mm thin chassis with a curved, ergonomic profile.
- Marine grade stainless steel bezel with PVD coating, matte and polished finish.
- Tough, 2.5D glass display.
- Tactile buttons for easy, eye-free control.
- Magnetic charging with a cable that works in any USB port.
- Vibrating motor for discreet alerts and alarms (wake yourself, not your loved ones).
- Includes 22mm silicone strap and USB charging cable.
- Battery life is up to 7 days.
- 30 meters water resistant.
- Always-on, color e-paper display with LED backlight
- Simple design.
- Lots of apps and watch faces.
- Decent battery life.
- Watch faces from Android and iOS work.
- No touch screen.
- Fitness apps aren’t polished enough.
- Not all watch faces and apps are good.
- The display is too dim to read in direct light.
Garmin Vivosmart watch is one gadget that you should not miss on this list if you are into fitness and regular fitness activities. At this price, it is undoubtedly one of the most affordable fitness smartwatches under $100.
The smartwatch comes with a swim-friendly, smooth band that stays comfortable on your arm all day and an always-on touchscreen display that shows your stats, even in sunlight.
The Garmin Vivosmart has got a GPS feature that tracks distance and speed while mapping your run or walk. In terms of fitness, the watch can do a lot more things like estimate steps, distance, calories, floors climbed, activity intensity, and heart rate on your wrist.
Also, sleep monitors and floor climb trackers may not be very accurate depending on many conditions. But with a smartwatch of this price, we expect nothing more or less.
- Brand: Garmin
- Style: New
- Color: Imperial Purple
- Screen Size: 2 Inches
- Special Feature: Time Display, Email, Calendaring, Text Messaging, Activity Tracker, Elevation Tracker, Pedometer, Calorie Tracker, Notifications, Heart Rate Monitor
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Display Type: 160 x 68 pixels, Touch Display
- Band Material Type; Silicone
- Battery life: Up to 8 days
- The sleek band is satisfiable to wear all day, and the always-on display shows your stats, even in the sunshine.
- Displays steps, distance, calories, heart rate, floors climbed, and activity quickness.
- Receive text, call, email, calendar, and social media alerts.
- Control your music and your VIRB Action Camera (sold separately) from your wrist.
- A move bar and vibration alertly remind you to stay active.
- Climbing stairs is tough – get credit for the extra work, thanks to an integrated barometric altimeter
- Track your progress against aerobic activity goals recommended by health organizations such as the American Heart Association, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the World Health Organization.
- Long battery life.
- The vibration alarm can be snoozed for 10 minutes.
- The timing of sleep monitoring is not very accurate.
- Size may not be optimal for small wrists.
5 Things to keep in mind before buying the best smartwatch under $100
Whichever smartwatch you buy, you need to decide on your budget first. The better the smartwatch, the more expensive your smartwatch will be. After fixing your budget, you can proceed to the remaining steps of buying a smartwatch, which is as follows.
The first thing you need to do before buying a smartwatch is to decide your budget. The higher your budget, the better the smartwatch. As the budget of the smartwatch increases, so will its features.
The second factor that greatly affects this process is the smartphone brand. Always remember that the bigger the brand, the higher the quality of the product and the longer it lasts. If you buy a smartwatch that is not a good brand, it will be inferior to a good brand smartwatch both in terms of quality and features. So always buy a branded smartwatch.
- Battery Life:
Battery life is the third factor to consider when choosing a smartwatch. Like a smartphone, only battery life matters in a smartwatch. The longer you have your smartwatch, the more convenient you’ll be. In general, the battery life of a branded smartwatch is slightly better than that of a generic company.
The display is one of the most important factors when buying a smartwatch. Generally, you can find smartwatches with a large display in all branded and local company smartwatches but the real thing is the high-resolution display which you can only find in branded smartwatches. So I would always suggest you buy a branded smartwatch.
The special feature of any smartwatch lies within its features. The main purpose of a smartwatch is to have special features in a smartwatch. If you take a morning walk, you’ll get a distance measurement sensor, if you exercise, or an activity sensor on your smartwatch. You can even find heartbeat, blood pressure, and healthcare features on a smartwatch to tell you about your health.
In short, you get a complete package of features in the form of a smartwatch. And speaking of these features, they are available on all global and local brands. Smartwatch prices vary based on quality and features. As you increase the budget, its features and quality will increase.
Our Top Pick
How do we test the best cheap smartwatches?
We test cheap smartwatches the same way we do expensive models: by wearing them We first look at how well the watches fit on our wrists and how easy the displays are to read (especially in sunlight and while navigating. Depending on its capabilities, we also test the watch’s sensors, such as GPS and heart rate monitors. If you track your workout without your phone. Need a watch that can check out our guides to the best GPS watches and the best running watches instead.
Other criteria that factor into our rating include the number of apps available for a smartwatch, how well it interacts with our smartphone and battery life. In all this, we also consider the price of the smartwatch. The lower the cost of a watch, the more opportunities we want to offer. Still, there are plenty of bad cheap smartwatches – and plenty of good ones under $100 – so our tolerance only goes so far.
There are many smartwatches available in the market but it is difficult to find a quality smartwatch at an affordable price.
If you are looking for the best smartwatch under $100, I would recommend you try this Xiaomi Redmi Watch 2 Lite. This smartwatch has a lot to offer at such a price. But if you need the best fitness smartwatch under $100, then considering giving the Amazfit Bip U Pro a shot would be a wise decision.
All the things we have discussed above are considered to be one of the most popular smartwatches ever. You can buy any of the smartwatches we have discussed above. Additionally, you can ask us more related questions.
- 10 Best Budget-Friendly Smartwatches Under $50
- The 7 Best Fitbit for Kids in 2022 with Reviews
- The 8 Best GPS Smartwatches for Kids in 2022
- 9 Best Smart Tracking Jewelry You Can Get in 2022