Do you know which smartwatch has the longest battery life and what other features should you look for when comparing watches? We are going to show you the best smartwatches with long battery life.
Smartwatch offers you ease of use while providing anomalous functionality. Many smartwatch users feel that these watches act like smartphone extensions. This means that these allow you to do smartphone things directly on your watch such as receive calls, control music, show notifications, track fitness, monitor health, etc.
Such watches definitely require a long-lasting battery to ensure that the features work continuously. Finding the best smartwatch for battery life from the many options in the market is a big challenge.
In this article, we have reviewed the best watches in the current market. We’ve researched unlimited smartwatches and picked the best watches with the longest battery life in 2023.
Top 5 Smartwatches With The Longest Battery Life In 2023 That You Can Buy Today
One of the biggest concerns for anyone buying a new smartwatch is battery life, and rightfully so. Some of the best smartwatches on the market use so much power that they make it through the day on just one charge. This is not ideal if you are away from home without your charger.
Let’s start with the list of watches with exceptionally long battery life. These are the best-performing smartwatches and hybrids when it comes to conserving battery and extending time between charges. Some of them don’t even need to be charged. Well, at least not in the way you’d expect.
|Best smartwatch||Best for||Ratings (out of 5)||Price|
|TicWatch Pro 3||Looks and feels premium while not being an expensive product and the battery can keep your watch alive for 3 to 45 days.||4.3||Check price|
|Samsung Galaxy Watch 3||Slimmer design for wearing comfort, Good ECG reading, User-friendly interface, and Swift performance.||4.6||Check price|
|Garmin Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar||This timepiece is that you are getting a longer battery watch at a reasonable price.||4.7||Check price|
|Amazfit GTS 2 Mini Smart Watch||It looks gorgeous, plus the interface is straightforward to understand and conduct.||4.2||Check price|
|Fitbit Versa 3||The battery can survive up to six days, depending on your usage and good ability to control other devices with the touch of a button you always have to hand.||4.5||Check price|
1. TicWatch Pro 3
The TicWatch Pro 3 smartwatch is our favorite for offering outstanding battery life performance. It promises faster and higher performance and can save battery life at the same time.
The operating system has been made easier for the users. You need to touch the display or press the button to activate smart mode. It not only shows the time but also the battery level. The battery can keep your watch alive for 3 to 45 days, depending on how you use it. Automatic power-saving mode automatically turns on when the battery percentage is detected below 5%.
As for features, the watch also packs in a blood oxygen monitor, heart rate monitoring, NFC for contactless payments with Google pay, and the ability to make/receive phone calls. Also, it comes with several pre-loaded apps including fitness apps, voice memos, and a custom launcher. The watch looks and feels premium even if it is not an expensive product. The updated covering made using nylon and stainless steel makes it a viable choice.
- Brand: Ticwatch
- Model Name: TicWatch Pro 3 GPS
- Style: Modern
- Color: Shadow Black
- Screen Size: 1.39 Inches
- Special Feature: 100+ professional workout modes, Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 Platform, and Mobvoi dual processor system
- Shape: Round
- Age Range: Adult
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Compatible Phone Models: IOS and Android
- Battery life: 3-45 days
- Battery capacity: 595mAh
- Waterproof rating: IP68 Waterproof and Pool Swim Rating
- Innovative technology ensures long battery life – Dual-layer display 2.0 supports Smart Mode and Enhanced Essential Mode, enabling up to 3 days of battery life in Smart Mode and up to 45 days in Enhanced Essential Mode.
- Updated Chipset, Better Experience – 1st Wear OS by Google Smartwatch with Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 Platform and Mobvoi Dual Processor System. 1G RAM and 8G ROM enable smoother performance and more appropriate interactions.
- Advanced health and fitness monitoring – Multiple sports modes, built-in GPS, barometer, and 24-hour heart rate monitoring (powered by more accurate sensors). Added new functions including sleep tracking, stress monitoring, noise detection, etc.
- Premium Design, Flagship Model – Stainless steel bezel (45mm), 1.4-inch AMOLED screen (454*454 high-resolution) automatically adjustable brightness, durable and anti-fingerprint glass cover. Built-in speaker, microphone, and support NFC payment Google Pay.
- Compared to TicWatch products released in 2018, the battery capacity has increased by 40%, but the weight is % much lighter. Interchangeable silicone strap with in-style design.
- Dust and waterproof – now you can swim wearing it. It has both dust and water resistance. Using it under shallow water will not damage the watch.
- 4100+ dual system platform ensures super performance.
- Tons of valuable features.
- Tough exterior.
- Dust and water resistance.
- Dual display.
- GPS signals take a while to load.
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
If you are looking for a better smartwatch experience with Samsung Galaxy smartwatches, then you can choose it. Top features with stunning outlines will make you more. Premium quality specs allow it to deliver a smooth performance.
You can choose from different colors, different finishes, and different styles, as well as different watches, and faces. The watch is water-resistant and lets you send texts, stream music, call people and view notifications.
The battery is reasonably good and should last more than a day on a full charge, and it also has the option to boost it from a Galaxy phone (assuming it’s compatible). The watch offers the ability to track seven popular fitness activities, has some built-in run coaching, and offers a sleep tracker.
If you’re feeling stressed, the watch has some breathing guides and the Samsung Health Monitor app, as well as payment options so you can leave your wallet at home, and voice functionality to read your texts aloud while you’re on the go.
- Brand: SAMSUNG
- Model Name: GW3 45mm LTE Black
- Style: LTE
- Color: Black
- Screen Size: 45
- Special Feature: Time Display, Text Messaging, GPS, Notifications
- Age Range: Adult
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Band Material Type: Faux Leather
- Band Color: Black
- Weight: 48.2 grams
- Battery Life: Up to one day
- Outstanding Battery Performance: At such an affordable price, it offers you a ton of features that allow you to enjoy the whole day by changing when you can use its functions throughout the day.
- Larger Display: This particular watch is slightly lighter and smaller than the Galaxy timepiece. But you shouldn’t think its display is small. For a person with average-sized wrists, it will look quite large. The 45mm display will appear perfectly on your wrist while improving your reading ability.
- High Performance: Speed is increased by adding an additional 1 GB of RAM. It is smooth to handle with a large space with 8 GB where you can store music directly. Samsung apps load quickly. You can download and use third-party apps if needed, but the watch will load them a little slower.
- Upgraded Health Tracker: The upgraded health tracker can record 40 sports profiles, from swimming to running exercises for good cardio condition. You have to track 33 activities manually and the rest 7 will be tracked automatically Manual tracking shows more accurate data than auto-tracking. But that doesn’t disqualify it because basic fitness tracking, meaning heart rate and sleep monitoring, measures up pretty well.
- Incredible Connectivity: It’s rare to find a smartwatch that lets you stream music, make calls, or send texts when your phone isn’t with you. Fortunately, Samsung’s LTE connectivity makes this possible. You need to pair the watch with your Samsung Galaxy handset and through the wireless connection, you can access the mentioned services in the absence of your phone.
- Battery Built For Endurance: The Galaxy Watch3’s long-lasting battery can last more than a day on a single charge, and you can always get a quick boost from your compatible Galaxy phone with Wireless Power Share.
- Slimmer design for wearing comfort.
- Good ECG reading.
- User-friendly interface.
- Swift performs.
- The rotating bezel is easy to control.
- Not compatible with iPhones.
- No removable sim card.
- No GPS.
3. Garmin Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar
If you’re looking for an inexpensive watch with a long-lasting battery and useful features, the Garmin Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar is for you.
The Garmin Fenix 7X is probably the best multi-sport watch you can buy right now. It can do and track a lot of things. And on top of that, it’s very accurate and the Garmin Connect app gives very detailed information. It has a solid build, fantastic precision, and a host of activity-tracking options. Additional features like solar panels and built-in flashlights can be really useful. But, at around a million, it’s not something most of us will be able to afford. Regardless, if you want the best, without the pennies, and are okay with limited smart features, the Garmin Fenix 7X Solar is the wearable for you.
- Brand: Garmin
- Model Name: Fenix 7X Solar Slate Gray w/Black Band NA
- Style: 7X Solar
- Color: Slate Gray w/ Black Band
- Screen Size: 1.4 Inches
- Special Feature: Built-in Sports Apps; Backcountry Ski; XC Ski Dynamics; Surf-Ready Features; MTB Dynamics; HIIT Workouts; Daily Workout Suggestions; Visual Race Predictor; PacePro™ Technology; ClimbPro Feature; Performance Metrics; Real-Time Stamina; Recovery Time Advisor
- Shape: Round
- Target Audience: Unisex
- Age Range: Adult
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Battery life: Up to 37 days
- GPS: Enabled
- Features a scratch-resistant Power Sapphire™ lens and an always-on 1.4-inch display.
- Built-in LED flashlights let you go after dark.
- Use the trusty button controls or touchscreen interface to access the selections.
- Take your training to the next level with patience and real-time stamina tracking, training status, high-performance metrics, and 30+ built-in sports apps.
- Get 24/7 health and wellness monitoring with wrist-based heart rate, pulse ox (not available in all countries), stress, and advanced sleep tracking.
- This device is intended to provide an estimate of your activity and metrics; This is not a medical device.
- With up-to-date multiband frequency and GNSS network support (GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo), navigate outdoors with a high level of position accuracy.
- Extra navigation tools include built-in sensors for the 3-axis range, gyroscope, and barometric altimeter.
- Find freedom and adventure with preloaded TopoActive maps—along with thousands of golf course and ski resort maps worldwide.
- Made-in Wi-Fi connectivity lets you download maps for any continent without using a computer.
- Connected features include smart notifications (when connected to a consistent smartphone), music storage, and Garmin Pay™ contactless payments.
- Garmin Pay contactless payments are only available in supported countries and payment networks.
- In smartwatch mode, enjoy a battery life of up to 28 days on solar charging or 37 days on solar charging with all-day wear for 3 hours per day outdoors in 50,000 lux conditions.
- In GPS mode, enjoy up to 89 hours. Up to 122 hours of battery life indoors or outdoors. When solar charging – 50,000 lux is imported.
- Solid build.
- Fitness and can download applications.
- Outstanding data management.
- Lots of activity tracking options.
- Heavy charging cable.
- The app can be overwhelming.
4. Amazfit GTS 2 Mini Smart Watch
The Amazfit GTS 2 Mini is the smaller version of the GTS series GTS 2 and GTS 2e with less well-equipped hardware. The process has been slimmed down. However, it still counts as a great item for beginners who want a traditional smartwatch with an all-inclusive fitness tracker.
Alexa is built-in, allowing you to control many functions with your voice, including requesting weather information, controlling other devices, setting alarms, creating lists, and getting translations. All these things make the watch a highly versatile gadget with great ease of use.
You can control music on your phone, request notifications about the information it collects, and create reports based on this data.
The watch also tracks heart health, sleep quality, and sleeping and breathing quality. It responds to stress levels and offers stress reduction strategies. Furthermore, it has plenty of sports modes, meaning it’s great for a wide range of athletes. With over seventy sports to choose from, you can do almost anything and this watch can handle it.
- Brand: Amazfit
- Style: GTS 2 Mini
- Color: Flamingo Pink
- Screen Size: 1.55 Inches
- Special Feature: Wireless
- Shape: Round
- Age Range: Adult
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Compatible Phone Models: IOS 10.0 and Above, Android 5.0 and Above
- Band Color: Pink
- Weight: 19.5 grams
- Battery Life: Up to 14 days
- Exclusive Battery: A fully optimized battery management system provides up to 14 days of battery life for the Amazfit GTS 2 Mini watch. Get rid of the worry brought by constant charging, and keep the energy flowing. The 220mAh battery is ready to get you through up to two weeks of activity.
- Always-on Screen: It can show you complete health data every day by tracking your blood saturation, sleep, stress level, heart rate monitoring, and more. It also keeps track of how many steps you’ve walked and how many calories you’ve burned while telling you how many kilometers you’ve walked. All these important notifications are displayed on the display and updated every second.
- Comfortable Design: The outer appearance of this timepiece may not be quite as good as the GTS 2 and 2e; Its design has another purpose. The objective is to provide comfort to its users. Because of this, it is a slim fit. Those with smooth or skinny wrists will feel comfortable wearing them.
- Premium-Looking Screen: The 2.5D glass over the display adds an extra dash of premium feels to it. Borderless outlines enhance readability. The AMOLED screen lets you enjoy the watch view with incredible clarity.
- 70+ sports & 5ATM waterproof: Amazfit GTS 2 mini has more than 70 built-in sports modes, allowing it to cover sports enthusiasts whether indoors or outdoors. With 5 ATM water resistance, this fitness watch can withstand your daily activities and can even be worn while swimming.
- Smart notifications and compatibility: Get an intelligent little friend to remind you of incoming calls, text messages, apps and calendars, alarm clocks, and weather forecasts and support music playback and camera control on your smartphone. This smartwatch can work seamlessly with iOS 10.0 and Android 5.0 or higher smartphones.
- Tracks Well: The tracking features of this watch are impressive. It lacks essential health tracking features, making it a value-for-money item The health assessment built-in system and PAI ensure you present daily health data including heart-rate monitoring, sleep, and stress level measurements. , tracking your blood saturation level, and burning calories.
- Exquisite design and is safe to use.
- High-grade, bright screens.
- 24/7 solid health tracking.
- App notifications so you can leave your phone behind.
- Useful Pomodoro Tracker.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Notifications don’t tell you which app they come from.
- No option to make phone calls.
- No payment options.
5. Fitbit Versa 3
For anyone active, the Fitbit Versa 3 is a top choice for keeping track of your workouts and intensity. You can use Active Zone Minutes to measure your resting heart rate and then calculate the intensity of your workout routine.
You can also view your health metrics including blood oxygen levels at night so you can better track any changes in your health and well-being.
The watch offers a range of alarm and reminder features and has the ability to connect and control smart home devices via voice commands. It makes your home easily controllable with something you always have to hand – no more searching for your phone to turn something on or off.
With other features like hands-free Bluetooth calling and a great music player, a watch is a good option, especially with its amazing six+ day battery life depending on usage. However, it’s not compatible with texting on iPhones, only Androids, and it doesn’t have fall detection, which is disappointing for a sports watch.
- Brand: Fitbit
- Model Name: Versa 3
- Style: Modern
- Color: Pink/Gold
- Screen Size: 1.58 Inches
- Special Features: Time Display, Alarm Clock, GPS, Notifications, Email, Heart Rate Monitor, Text Messaging, Music Player, Sleep Monitor, Voice Control, Phone Call
- Shape: Square
- Age Range (Description): Adult
- Compatible Devices: Smartphone
- Connectivity: Technology
- Weight: 40 grams
- Battery Life: Up to 6 days
- Get a daily readiness score that reveals whether you’re ready to exercise or should focus on recovery (Fitbit Premium membership required).
- Run, bike, hike, and more phone-free – and see your real-time speed and distance – with built-in GPS. Then view your workout intensity map in the Fitbit app.
- Fitbit never compromises on fitness tracking, measuring calories, heart rate, steps, and distance. It covers all the essential basic training tools. It can track more than 20 years of indoor-outdoor activities like swimming, running, etc. The auto-task detection system works quite well for some exercises. It can measure your effort level and display it using heart-rate data.
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to measure exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you increase intensity so you can get the most out of your workouts. The Fitbit Versa 3 is water resistant up to 50 meters.
- Use Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa built-in just by talking to your watch to get quick news, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices, and more.
- 6-month Fitbit Premium trial for new premium users (valid payment method required. Cancel before the free trial ends to avoid subscription fees. New premium users only. Content and features may vary by language and are subject to change).
- Get 6+ days of battery on a full charge and battery in just 12 minutes with quick charging (battery life varies with usage and other factors; up to 12 hours with continuous GPS).
- The battery can last up to six days depending on your usage.
- You should always have the good ability to control other devices at the touch of a button.
- Always-on bright display.
- Advanced sleep monitoring.
- Onboard GPS.
- It depends heavily on the smartphone application.
- No fall detection.
- You can add your own music to the clock.
Things to keep in mind before buying the best smartwatch under $100
Hence, we have prepared a buying guide in which we briefly go through all the features that you should tick off the list while browsing for the perfect product of your own. Let’s go without delay.
Even the most feature-rich and technologically advanced smartwatches will become useless if durability criteria are not met. Please, ensure that the following are in point:
Because of AMOLED or LED touch screens, smart wearables are more susceptible to damage than traditional wristwatches with tougher glass. You want to stay away from acrylic or any other type of plastic lens. They are very fragile and replacing them can be quite problematic. Consider any smartwatch with Corning Gorilla Glass or Mineral Glass or lenses with similar durability standards – such as those offered by Garmin Solar models. Sapphire crystal watches are known to be the most damage-resistant but they are expensive.
- Band :
Although smartwatches are suitable for any occasion, they are often used during sports. Therefore, they should be light as a feather and a breeze to clean. For this reason, silicone or rubber straps are considered the best options.
Naturally, if you want to transform your smartwatch into a stylish fashion item for a more formal occasion, you can consider getting an additional band. Many manufacturers offer interchangeable straps. Stainless steel bracelets or leather bands are definitely a better fit for more formal gatherings.
- Water resistance:
The ability to withstand water damage is very important. Unfortunately, most smartwatches on the market don’t support adventure sports like diving. However, many of them (including all the ones covered in the article) are perfectly safe to wear in the rain, shower or even swimming. Ideally, look for models with an IP68 classification (splashproof) or a WR rating of up to 50 meters.
Buying a smartwatch with a battery that can last for weeks is amazing but you can’t forget about the importance of comfort while wearing it. Consider getting a smartwatch that will only look neat during one type of event so you don’t have to cut and change your gear as often.
Also, don’t overlook the importance of measurements like case size and weight. In a perfect world, you should occasionally forget you’re wearing it. If you have a small wrist, you should avoid heavy cases. If you have larger wrists, however, the larger casing (45mm+) is recommended.
Generally the more functions and apps a smartwatch offers, the higher the price. You must ask yourself the question “What do I need a smartwatch for?”. If you want better insights into your daily wellness and fitness goals, get ready to pay more.
Some apps that can be of great help:
- Blood Oxygen monitor.
- Blood Pressure monitor.
- Sleep Quality tracker.
- Stress Levels monitored.
- ECG reader.
On top of that, you should naturally make sure that the smartwatch offers 24/7 heart rate measurement, a step, and a calorie counter, as well as a reliable GPS.
Our Top Pick
- What are the Types of Battery Life Smartwatches?
Battery Life Smartwatches have 3 basic variants. We have explained each form below. Let’s read it to get a better understanding of smartwatches.
- Fitness Tracker:
One of the most useful features of a smartwatch is fitness tracking. They certainly show the time and date, but their primary purpose is to give you important information about your health to keep you healthy. These smartwatches have smart reminders that help you do daily tasks that improve your health status.
- Hybrid Smartwatch:
A classic analog-style wristwatch with a twist is called a hybrid smartwatch. They lack a screen but can connect to your handset with Bluetooth. Such watches can notify you about things using vibrations or alarms.
They contain the coolest smartwatch-like features like heart rate monitoring, how many steps you’ve walked, and more. You can’t change watch faces, but that’s not a problem if you get a nice-looking timepiece.
Smartwatches are high-tech watches that contain many powerful tools for various applications. While it keeps all your health tracking, it lets you listen to music, shows maps via GPS, lets you join calls and texts, and offers you various sports modes.
- What is the Garmin watch with the longest battery life?
Unlike the Apple series, Garmin watches are known for their excellent battery performance. The choice is huge but if we were to pick just one Garmin watch with the longest battery life, it would have to be one of the solar models.
- What is the best Android smartwatch with long battery life?
The Garmin smartwatches reviewed in the article aren’t Android-exclusive, but they work perfectly well with all Android smartphones and have some of the most impressive battery life out there.
If you’re looking for a Wear OS smartwatch with the longest battery life, consider the Garmin Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar.
- What is the best cellular smartwatch with long battery life?
A cellular smartwatch is one that can function as a standalone device, allowing you to make and receive phone calls even when not connected to your smartphone. The list of such advanced wearables is not too long. Furthermore, those with cellular support are not powerhouses when it comes to battery life.
As things stand, your best option is probably the newest Samsung release, the Galaxy Watch 3.
- What is the best hybrid smartwatch?
Hybrid smartwatches are a favorite among those looking for efficient battery performance and a stylish look. The relatively short list of battery-draining apps certainly contributes to the fascinating lifespan. The Amazfit GTS 2 Mini smartwatch featured in the article is a solid example of a good-value hybrid smartwatch, but there are other brands worth your time, such as Withings.
- How long should a smartwatch battery last?
A smartwatch’s battery usually doesn’t last more than a day or two. Some powerful batteries can keep the watch working for up to 3 days without interruption.
- Can smartwatch batteries be replaced?
The smartwatch battery is replaced with a new one when the existing battery fails to function for a long time. Typically, your watch will display a notification on your screen indicating a low battery condition. This is the best time to discard the old one and install a new one.
- Should I charge my smartwatch every night?
You can charge a smartwatch every night, but make sure to charge it before bed. Charge it until it hits 100%. If the watch is left on charge even after it is fully charged, it will make the battery unstable which will lead to faster battery aging.
It’s impossible to find a watch with so many features while having a long battery life. Even the most expensive smartphone will fail to meet such expectations. Because of using different features every day, you and I drain the battery fast. This does not mean that smart batteries are weak; If fewer features are used, they can keep the watch for more than three days.
A smartwatch notifies you about your mail and other tasks every day, tracks your heart rate and blood-oxygen rate, monitors your sleep and stress levels, and more. Carrying out such heavy duties, they cannot continue working for more than a day or two.
So, if you are looking for a smartwatch that can last three days, you will be wasting your time and energy. Whether you buy a high-end or low-end smartwatch, the more features you use, the faster the battery will drain.
We value your money and expectations, and for this reason, we searched for the best smartwatch for battery life. We’ve reviewed top-rated timepieces, so ditch any worries and pick one today from the suggestions above.
- 7 Best Smartwatches Under $100 For 2023
- The 7 Best Fitbit for Kids in 2023 with Reviews
- The 8 Best GPS Smartwatches for Kids in 2023
- 9 Best Smart Tracking Jewelry You Can Get in 2023