Video chat apps are one of the best ways to spend time face-to-face if you can’t meet them in person. It can be your important meeting or keeping in touch with your friends and family. There are so many options while choosing the best video calling apps for android, so it can be challenging for you or a newbie to know which video chat app is suitable.
That’s why I have picked the best video chat app for android with good reviews or with innovative features that you’ll enjoy. The video calling apps which are mentioned below are free to use and cross-platform, but some have payment options for more features. We listed the 10 Best Video Chat Apps for Android.
Best Video Chat Apps For Android Reviews
- Zoom – Overall Best Video chat app, allows up to 100 participants
- Google Duo – Best for android, allows up to 32 participants
- Skype – Best for work, allows up to 100 participants
- Discord – Best for gamers, allows up to 25 participants
- Facebook Messenger – Best for friends and family, allows up to 50 participants
- WhatsApp – Best for international communication, allows up to 8 participants
- Google Meet – Best for Google users, allows up to 100 participants
- Houseparty – Best for in-app games, allows up to 8 participants
- Marco Polo – Best alternative to Snapchat, allows up to 200 participants
- Microsoft Teams – Best to keep the team organized, allows up to 300 participants
How to choose the best video chat apps?
Overall the best video chat app for android and one of the popular right now is Zoom Meeting. You can use it on mobile and desktop. Zoom app is available in free and paid versions. The free version of the app supports 100 participants. You can run the app using a desktop browser without downloading it.
- The best video chat app for android comes free sometimes. If you want to know about the best app, the best thing is to understand why you need this app for.
- If you’re going to chat on your phone alone, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp will be perfect.
- You and your friends may use a number or need a more professional app to work with. In this case, Zoom, Skype, or Discord will be suitable in this regard.
- The free versions are feature-rich, to begin with.
So you need the best video chat app for android to communicate with your friends and family who already prefer using the app they need.
Best Video Chat Apps for Android
Skype is a good option after Zoom, and this is easier to use. The app works with various platforms and allows you to call landlines and cell numbers. Skype has very reasonable rates and supports texting, and is capable of doing real-time translation.
Google Duo comes preinstalled on Android phones, becoming Google’s answer to Apple’s FaceTime. The usage of the app is like FaceTime.
Facebook offers two options for you- Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. 8 to 50 participants can talk at the same time,
Discord is best for gamers. Discord is built for streaming games from small groups to 10 to 50 individuals.
Overall the best video chat app for android depends on your need and requirement. Let’s dive deep into knowing about our best video chat apps and their features, usage.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service. You can virtually meet with others by video or audio or both. The app also has live chats, and you can record the entire session to watch later.
Zoom is trendy for work conferences, school classes, and other virtual get-togethers. It can be a suitable choice as one of the best video chat apps and works on both desktop and mobile devices with one person or even a group of many people.
As a host, you can also organize webinars with audio and video. The free version of zoom works well with 100 people as well. But there is a time limit for three or more users if you don’t buy their pricing plans. You can upgrade to Pro for $15/host per month to add up to 100 participants to your call. There is no time limit.
- Easy to use
- Support a lot of audiences
- The app is free
- Supports Google Calendar
- HD video is not standard
- Limited time
Google Duo is another best video calling app for Android. It is one of the simplest video chat apps for everyone. All you need to log in and verify your phone number. The app is said to be Google’s answer to FaceTime. You can easily log in by verifying your number and enjoy your chatting so as much as you want.
By using Google Duo App, you have access to call other Google Duo users like a regular phone call. It has a feature named Knock Knock to see who is up to before you answer the video call. The app works with iOS and Android. Overall, the app is excellent, and it has fun features like emoticons and stickers. You can record and send video messages, so you can connect to friends and family, even when they’re not available at the exact moment in time. About 32 people can facetime at the same time in Duo.
- Simple user interface
- Video and audio quality is satisfactory
- It is simple to receive and make a call
- You need to have a Google account
- Some face wifi issues while using the app
Price: Free with in-app purchases
Skype is a free video calling app for android. It introduced people to free video chat over the internet. It is a cross-platform tool, and you can use it from different platforms. If you don’t have devices of your own, you can still use this app.
- Skype allows video conferencing. More than 50 people can meet with no time limits on meetings.
- The app supports international calling and texting, and it is one of the best video chat apps for friends and family countries away.
- Serve various features like – screen sharing, live transcription, and translation.
- It provides a good call quality, so it consumes more data compared to other apps. If your area’s Internet speed is not so good, then skype will be inappropriate for you as it doesn’t work well on low Internet.
The app needs modifications and development. Yet the service itself is about as excellent as it gets. Surely, your friends and family are already using this application because of its fame and name.
- You can do a conference
- It has features like sharing the screen
- You can organize your favorite contacts on a list
- Internationally most known video chat app
- It has no whiteboard
- The security system is not so good
Price: Free with in-app purchases
Discord is the best video chat app for android and the best video calling app for gamers. Its totally up to you which option you can follow – start a server or chat with your friends. The app is made mainly focused on group chats, DMs, and voice chats for gamers. You can find a video chat function feature. Discord allows video calls with up to 25 users. It has some accessible features, and you can create multiple channels for different groups playing all the games.
- You can create accessible server as many as you want
- Discord is free
- You can make as channels as you want
- Tracks all your movement
- Has access to your email
Messenger is a popular video chat app for many reasons. The app works well, and you can do every kind of digital communication with your friends and family. It supports eight people in free video calls and has no duration limit. If you are doing a two-person call, it switches to a peer-to-peer structure.
As this app is a Facebook product, you’ll need an account. You can use Messenger for individuals and businesses for communication. If you don’t have an account on Facebook, you still can use the app. You can video or voice chat with your friend or a group. The app also added a new feature named Messenger Rooms and can join group video calls with up to 50 people like Zoom or Skype in this feature.
- You can send and receive messages instantly
- You can share files, photos, and videos
- You can make audio and video calls
- It can be used for collaboration
- Quickly drain the battery life
- It takes a lot of storage of your phone
WhatsApp is another popular messaging, the best video chat app for android. The users make millions of video calls per day worldwide on Android, iOS, and Windows devices. The app started its journey as a text chat service and then integrated voice calling, video calling, and many more features. The video calling works quite well, and you’ll hardly find any problem while using it.
WhatsApp’s video calling feature was not so incredible before, but now, up to 50 participants can talk simultaneously. The video calls are end-to-end encrypted, so you don’t need to worry about your conversations being intercepted.
- Free and easy to use
- You can share live location
- Supports voice call
- Can import contacts
- Encrypted voice calls
- It can be very addictive
- Must have Internet access
Google Meet was only available to educators and subscribers to Google’s paid service, G Suite. Now Google has made Meet available to all users of its free Gmail service to its mobile apps. You can easily video chat with your colleagues, friends, and family using meet. It is the most straightforward video chat app. Nowadays, almost everyone has a Google account, which is a requirement for both hosts and participants.
If you want to start a video chat, go to Meet, click on “Join or start a meeting.” You can give the meeting a name and send out your invites. There is also a feature named to schedule an appointment using Google Calendar. Google provides security features to admit or deny entry while video calling. Up to 100 participants can use video chat for 60 minutes highest.
- Great way to connect with your friend and family
- All you have to send a link, and then others can join
- It has options like schedule meeting
- The communication is more accessible and secure
- A strong internet connection is required
- Works properly only on Chrome
Houseparty is an excellent video chat app for close friends, and people can quickly join in the chat without any hassle. Houseparty App supports up to eight people to join a video call. Participants need to register to use it, and the registration includes name, email address, birth date, and phone number.
Houseparty has excellent games, and the video quality is good. But the call you make is not end-to-end encrypted. However, the app is still one of the best video chat apps you can try with your friends.
- Interactive and secured connection
- Eight people can join
- Simple user interface
- Easy to use
- People can see if you’re using the app
- Hacking is possible
Price: $10 per month
Marco Polo is another best video chat app for android. You can send short videos, and the app has features like doodles, filters, and so on. The app provides video chatting, and it works in such a way that anyone can create a group with whatever members they want. Each person can send videos in the group whenever they want. Other members can watch the videos. It’s an ongoing conversation, and you can quickly reply via text responses or photos. The app has very high ratings.
- You can stay connected through video
- You can create groups and make calls
- It has many similarities to Snapchat
- You don’t need to worry about any interruption
- It only suggests people on your contact list
Microsoft Teams is the best video chat app for android and made for business-oriented purposes. We all know that Microsoft is one of the largest tech companies in the world, and they made this great app. It provides meetings and video conferencing. You can also make regular calls and send a message to your team.
You can create channels for your teams inside this app and make HD audio and video calls. You can also make notes in this app, and the app offers a calendar and cloud storage as well. You can also send files and documents generally. The app is entirely free to download.
- No additional cost
- It can increase your productivity
- Enriched communication
- Sends confusing files
- Flexibility is limited
The Best Video Chat App For Android is the best way to keep in touch with your friends, families, and colleagues. The apps fill the gap when physical interaction isn’t possible. Check the best options for a video chat app to know the right app for you.
It can be your relationships, work, or keep in touch with everyone, and our best video calling apps can help you. You may have heard their name but don’t know if they are suitable for you or not. This article may help you in this regard.
Would you like to read: 15 Best Texting Apps for Android